Aquarium Frame

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CyberTrip

Reaction score
Well here I was sitting at home bored and my mom calls and offers me a fish tank. So here I was all excited that I could start my fishy hobby again weee. Well she drops the tank off and at first I wasn't sure what the size was so I did some measuring and I got 30" x 10" x 12" which is 3600"^3 which is 15.58 gallons. So estimated to be roughly a 15 or 15.5 gallon standard size. Well this tank has been sitting outside in the hot desert for years. This leads to the sealent cracked and the plastic frame being UV damaged and cracked. Resealing the tank is no problem. However, how will I be able to recover the frame? I must buy a new one. My ultimate question is....

Where can I purchase a new frame for my tank? Am I better off buying a new tank? I need to do something soon because I have 3 tinfoil barbs that are less than 2" long that are swimming around in a 10 gallon tank and will soon outgrow it. I know that even the 15 gallon tank will be too small, but it was free and for now it will do untill I can scrape up some money for the big 50gallon and a Oscar.

Thanks,

Steve

All I know is you can buy a 20 gallon tank at a petsmart near me for about $40 or less depends on how much the repair will cost you.

New tank. Why risk disaster? You can get a 10 gallon for $10 and I think I've seen 20 gallons for less than $40, maybe around 30 at either the Petsmart or Petco. Sometimes they have deals in the Sunday newspapers.

Thanks, I will look at getting something new. I may even look in the local ads for anyone selling something decent. You can always find good deals in the paper ads :)

I'm going to bump this because I have obtained a 55 gallon tank for free. Now the problem is the frame is pretty much useless. It has cracked, snapped, and popped. The only way to fix it is to replace it. Now I'm actually thinking of resealing it with black silicone but it doesn't need it so that's not really a priority. Does anyone know if All-Glass will sell me a frame that is for a 48"x13"x20" tank? Or maybe I'm better off trying to order the frame from my LFS.

my local petsmart has 20-gallon longs for $25, tank only. too bad you don't live close to me. i would sell you my 37-gallon cheap. i am getting a bigger tank.

I found out that my Petsmart has 55g tanks for $99. $160 for a kit. That's cheaper than my LFS and Wal-Mart! It was a Top Fin tank/kit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back