Aquarium Filter Brush Flexible Double Ended Bristles Hose Cleaner

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Utar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Amazon Link

I just used this for the first time to clean the intake and outtake hoses form my canister filter. The hoses had gotten really nasty and it took some doing and work taking the hoses off. But using this brush to clean the hoses was a breeze, it worked great.

Pro - A+ very nice brush for cleaning canister hoses.
Cheap around five dollars.
5 feet and one inch long for a total of 61 inches in length.

Con - None that I have found.

Final thoughts, I had to run the hose cleaner as far as I could from one end, then pull it out clean and run in again back through the other end of the hose. That is the only way I could get the entire hose clean, but it worked great for me. With the nasty hoses I found it slowed down the flow of my canister filter and after cleaning and putting the hoses and everything back together the canister seems to be running like new again. Also I am in hopes that by cleaning the hoses it may also help control nitrates.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Iā€™m not terribly tech savvy and that amazon link wants me to change countries. Every time I do that it messes everything up for me. Any chance you can screen shot it?

Iā€™m not terribly tech savvy and that amazon link wants me to change countries. Every time I do that it messes everything up for me. Any chance you can screen shot it?
There you go, if you need me to help with this let me know.

Flexible Double Ended Bristles Hose Pipe Cleaner Stainless Steel Long Tube Cleaning Brush for Fish Tank or Home Kitchen

SLSON Aquarium Filter Brush Flexible Double Ended Bristles Hose Pipe Cleaner Stainless Steel Long Tube Cleaning Brush for Fish Tank or Home Kitchen
SLSON Aquarium Filter Brush Flexible Double Ended Bristles Hose Pipe Cleaner Stainless Steel L...jpg

There you go, if you need me to help with this let me know.

Flexible Double Ended Bristles Hose Pipe Cleaner Stainless Steel Long Tube Cleaning Brush for Fish Tank or Home Kitchen

View attachment 124771
SLSON Aquarium Filter Brush Flexible Double Ended Bristles Hose Pipe Cleaner Stainless Steel Long Tube Cleaning Brush for Fish Tank or Home Kitchen
Thatā€™s very similar to the one I have, I just havenā€™t used it yet. I think your cleaner just might be a little longer than mine.

There probably is several different brands out there for the same basic brush like this one.

I looked at getting one of those a while back for my HOB intake. Turns out a toothbrush works just dandy for that! Might be kinda tricky using a toothbrush for canister hoses...

Funny DIY idea 9(probably not at all practical):

Take 3 or 4 toothbrushes, cut the bristle end off and lash them together so the bristles are all facing outwards in a circle with fishing line or something. Take more fishing line and tie a line on the the toothbrushes and voila!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back