Aquarium Chronicles: The New Tankmate

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mario Fan

Reaction score
I know I said I'd keep it in the same thread, but I was afraid no one would notice it. From now on though, keep checking back at the same thread, for each individual story, for all the chapters. Without further adieu, the conclusion of the 1st story: The New Tankmate

Chapter Three

Ghent’s heart skipped as many beats as you can before a fish will die as the hand closed in on him. The horror of the cackling, malicious child and the image of him being smashed to death was too much for him to bear when…

“I’m coming!!!” Carl yelled as he rammed Ghent out of the way.

To Ghent’s horror, after he had regained his senses, the evil child scooped Carl up in his hands and brought him out of the tank! “NO!!!” Ghent yelled as the child swung him around the room. In an amazing display, Ghent flopped out of the water for an instance, allowing a battered Carl to jump back in the tank. Ghent swam his buddy down to rest, but the terror was not over yet.

The child now reached for easier targets: tetras. He was slinging them out on the floor, while laughing like a demon. Ghent had never been one to consort with tetras, but something about this vicious slaughter aroused the same basic instincts he had had before. Summoning all the powers of history’s prehistoric fish, he rammed the child’s hand, causing a small cut. The child screamed out and was frantically chasing Ghent around, knocking over ornaments.

The Giver, who had got off the phone and was not talking with his nephew’s father, his brother, heard the cry. “That sounded like Thomas. What’s he up to?” So, they both hurried downstairs.

Ghent swam, with fishey adrenaline pumping through him, left and right, up and down, all while trying to escape that terrifying hand. He dodged falling ornaments and frenziend schools of tetras, all in attempts to escape! It was chaos. It was then that the hand backed him into a corner. “I got you know, you fishey!” screamed the child over tears. “You gonna pay fo’ hurting my finger!”

Ghent tried to imagine life in fishey Heaven when he saw the most beautiful sight in his life. It was that blood parrot, freakish as he was, coming forward with something behind him…something big. “Old Pete!” Ghent exclaimed.

The massive spiked-plecostomus swam up and gouged the attacker’s hand in all possible places, serving as an impetus for the hand to jerk out of the water and the child to clutch his bleeding hands.

That’s when the Giver came in. “MY FISH TANK. MY TETRAS. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?” Ghent smiled as the child received a swift and appropriate punishment.

The next few hours, after their tormentor had left even worse than when he was gouged, the tetras were given a proper burial, and things were back to normal. With some encouragement from Carl, Ghent approached the blood parrot. “Hello, what’s your name.”

The blood parrot perked up, suddenly lookind unique and wonderful rather than ugly. “My name’s…Mark…you wanna’ be friends?”

Ghent would’ve smiled if fishies could’ve. “Sure, my name’s Ghent…pal.”

Next Story Coming Soon….

wow chapter 3 I missed this completely, I'm hope others didn't miss it either, as its more good story :thumbs: keep up the goodwork :D :D Can't wait for the next story :)

Brill story mate, look forward to the next one :) B)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back