Aquarium Chronicles: The Boastful Bubble Battle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mario Fan

Reaction score
Aquarium Chronicles: The Boastful Bubble Battle

Chapter One (Keep checking back for more on this {TBBB} story)

On the other side of the 150 gallon aquarium home that many of you already know about, opposite from Ghent’s realm, live the boastful, egocentric, stuck-up gourami. The leader of which was a particulary proud kissing gourami, named Tsun. Made fun of because of his colors and constant kissing motions, he had been brought up to hate all non-labyrinth breathers. And now, upon hearing of the weaking of the other side of the tank, he knew his time had come. “Labyrinths! The time has come to attack our insulters, the infidels who make fun of our ways. We shall attack them at dawn with bubbles and the hardest rams we’ve ever executed. Tomorrow, only labyrinths shall rule this aquarium.” A troupe of fish, including the only betta, Chin, agreed.

Ghent carefully watched, along with Carl, as Mark performed his graceful backflip move for the hundredth time. “I just don’t see how you do that, Mark. Whever I try, I just stick straight up and fall back down.”

Mark laughed and bobbled over in his unique, but humorous, way. “Well, at least you can swim better than I can. I can’t even make it to the other side of the tank because of the blasted water blower (power head). And it’s so hard to get food from the top. I have to fight the cory doras for shrimp pellets. But, it is nice to have this nice home.” Mark looked back across the tank, contemplating something. “What’s on the other side of the tank anyway?”

Ghent wasn’t even sure, but Carl seemed to know the answer. “The labyrinths live over there. Apparently, their leader was insulted by a water breather a few years back, and ever since then, he’s hated us. He’s always said he was going to do something about it, but he never has, and probably never will, I suppose.”

Mark seemed satisfied with the answer, but Ghent, being a rather territorial fish, considered it longer. He imagined a huge bubble war on his side of the tank, but being just that, his imagination, he didn’t pursue it any further than the planning stage…until. “Of course, it would be nice to go over and just spy on ‘em a little bit.”

Mark seemed excitied, but Carl disagreed. “I don’t think it would be so nice. If we get caught…”

Ghent waved it away with a fin. “Pishaw! You and me, and Mark here, we could take care of any ol’ gourami or labyrinth breather.”

Carl sighed and moved his eyes up. “Well…I guess it would be ok. We’re only gonna’ stay for a few moments, though, k?”

Ghent and Mark didn’t reply, for they were already half-way there. “Sheesh, I gotta’ be more assertive.” And that’s when Carl followed.

I've just got home - but couldn't go to bed before I checked to see if there was another installment in the thrilling world of Ghent. It's gone 1 a.m. - I'm slightly tipsy and have to get up in another 4 hours. But Ghent has me hooked :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

The improved and fish version of Harry Potter, we're all addicts :) keep up the good work :) :thumbs:

The battle grows nearer. Keep reading!

Chapter 2

Carl saw Ghent and Mark up ahead, their fins wiggling back and forth with their heads stuck behind some tall ferns. A slight “hi” scared both of them and made Ghent “sh” him. “Sorry, what’re you guys looking at?”

Ghent turned around, as Mark still watched, and said, “Those labyrinths mean business this time. They’re going to attack us at dawn! They’re going to try and wipe out our side of the fishtank.”

Carl waved it away with a fin at first. “You guys are crazy. You probabl just misconstrued something. You know how they’re always talking bad about us anyway. Tsun’s such a big coward; he’ll never…”

Ghent directed Carl’s attention to a scene beyond the ferns. It was Tsun floating above a plastic rock giving some sort of speech. “Tomorrow at dawn, we attack. Who’s still with me?”

A giant roar of “we, the great labyrinths, are” rang out, sending chills down all three of the spying fish’s backs. “Gosh, they’re serious. What’re we going to do Ghent? Should we prepare?”

Ghent, being the main militant guy on his side of the tank, nodded. “Yes, and it seems we have the advantage now: the element of surprise against their surprise attack. If I can rally the tetras, the cory doras, and maybe Old Pete, we’ve got ourselves a formidable force, I would say…” He paused. “Carl, you go round up the tetras. Mark, you can get the catfish. I’ll go and make some rough plans.” With that, they were all off.

That night, Ghent, Mark, and Carl stayed up late to plan their attack. The cory doras would hide under the old driftwood under command of Old Pete, and the Tetras would be led by Carl out from the fern field. Mark was guarding their sides vast shrimp pellet emergency pile, in case of a loss, and Ghent would be helping out and commanding. Just as they were finishing up, they could see the sun’s rays creeping in the Giver’s windows.

Tsun, at dawn, stood in front of his troops. “This is it; the enemy is asleep, and we have the element of surprise. I’ll lead the gouramis in to attack head on, while the betta and his dwarf gouramis will flank the main battle and attack from behind. Now, who are we?!”

“We are the labyrinths, strongest fish in the water. We are the labyrinths; we can breath air and water. We are the labyrinths! Charge!”

To Be Concluded...

Finished reading just in time, ran out of popcorn. :D :D :D

Now MarioFan, I must say that is really good. Can't wait to hear who gets the fin beat out of them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Danny

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back