Aquarium canister filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

walkingtall77

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just had a quick question, I'm looking to buy a canister filter for a 75 gallon aquarium housing piranhas. I was wondering what the best options are? I'm looking for something that is over 400 gph. Any opinions on the Aquatop forza canister filters? I was looking at that or Marineland c530. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Eheim makes great canister filters...

Thanks for the reply, do you think the ehim pro 4 600, would work for my tank? Is it enough gph

I have never kept Piranhas but the silver dollar tank I had was 250 liters and I ran two 1000 l/hr internal filters on it.

I've had really good luck with Sunsun filters, but some people tell me it's just that: Good luck. I've had two and they're a heck of a good filter for the money, in my experience. But they do get mixed reviews, mostly because they're rather difficult to set up and prime, compared to the bigger brands.

A big fluval or big eheim filter, or a trickle filter.

A group of piranha will create a lot more waste and ammonia than a tank full of silver dollars. This is due to the high protein meat diet they get.

Piranha are nervous skittish fish and need to be kept in huge tanks. If your tank is less than 6 feet long, do not get them.

A LFS keeps 4 large black Piranha in a 500G tank. They're mostly black with red eyes and a few shiney scales like pacu. Just to make it spookier the tank has reduced lighting and has a sign saying "Don't tap the class or put you hand in." It's as close to a horror movie as you can get without CGI.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back