Aquarium Books

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

starscream

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Are there any books about the hobby of fish keeping anyone could recomend for me? Is there a book about the different species of fresh water fish?

If you want a book about the requirements of different species of aquarium fish, the "bible" is perhaps Baensch's Aquarium Atlas vol. 1, which contains more species and more *reliable* information than anything else in its price bracket. I bought my copy in the late 80s and still use it regularly. I think it contains about 500 fish species and about 100 species of plant. Does have a few gaps, but nothing vol. 2, 3, etc. won't fill as you become more adventurous and experienced. It has good sections on filtration, lighting, etc. but these are a bit outdated in some ways and not particularly easy to read (translations from German to English rarely are).

Cheers, Neale

Yes definately second Baensch, I've built up a large collection of aquarium books over the years, and I always turn Baensch.

The only species I would recommend getting a different book for, are catfish (just for more details on species, care etc.).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back