Aquaponics and fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Here There be Dragons

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi!
My brother and I have been researching aquaponics and I've come across a possible issue. The fish in these systems seem to not be taken care of properly space wise. goldfish in small aquariums and fish like trout and tilapia in bins. This isn't always the case but it seems to be pretty common.
Any insight on this?

Even the people who do this professionally seem to have this issue, they raise the fish for food and seem to account for everything but even mildly adequate space. If my brother ever started I'd make sure any fish had enough space.

I bought CHUWPI AquaOrganic Aquaponics Fish Feed as we have an all organic aquaponics set-up and we wanted to keep the fish organic as well. We bought fingerling tilapia, and at first I thought the size of the food would be too big for them to swallow, but the pellets can become soft enough for my fish tank pets to pick at them. This product comes with an organic guarantee and explanation in detail about what's in it. Besides that, it is also highly recognized for being purely organic fish food that does not contain any fish meal or GMO ingredients.

Any insight on this?
Ignorance and money.

If its possible to make money off someone else ignorance then you can guarantee someone will do it.

For a lot of people the extent of a fishes needs are "it has to be in water and get some food sometimes". Companies selling these systems are exploiting this.

Just looked up some pricing on "Complete Aquaponics systems" and yeah, some people are making a lot of money off these systems and I suspect they wont let a few fish being mistreated stop them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back