AquaOne Oscellaris 850 stopped working

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rebeledd

Reaction score
Hi! I have an Oscellaris 850 canister filter, however this afternoon I realised it had stopped working. Luckily I had a spare Interpet PF2 filter in the cupboard, which although isn’t designed to work effectively in a 150 litre tank, should do the job. I transferred some of the sponge from the canister into it. I also took some of the glass media out of the canister, and have put it in a separate PF Mini alongside to help. I’ll contact AquaOne tomorrow, but wondered if anyone had any tips in the meantime. Is it worth me ordering a spare filter in the meantime, or should the current setup work? Thanks!!

When was the last time you cleaned it? The impeller may be stuck. Try to take it apart and clean it really good.

Yiu can use the other filter for now, even if it isn’t the recommended rating. A little water flow is better than none.

I took the impeller out and put it back in, but no luck. The unit feels fairly hot, which makes me thing it could be related to the motor?

I guess any bacteria in the canister will be now lost - with the exception of the small amount of media I removed?

Thanks!

When was the last time you cleaned it? The impeller may be stuck. Try to take it apart and clean it really good.

Yiu can use the other filter for now, even if it isn’t the recommended rating. A little water flow is better than none.

I took the impeller out and put it back in, but no luck. The unit feels fairly hot, which makes me thing it could be related to the motor?

I guess any bacteria in the canister will be now lost - with the exception of the small amount of media I removed?

Thanks!
If it is hot, the motor is probably fried. Call the company and see if you can get a refund.

Did you take the filter cartridge/media out of the water? If you did for an extended period of time, you probably lost it in the filter. You will still have bb in your substrate.

I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Might order a replacement in the meantime.

I’ve left the remaining media sat in tank water in the canister. Do you reckon it will survive, or will it die due to lack of oxygen?

Thank you!

I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Might order a replacement in the meantime.

I’ve left the remaining media sat in tank water in the canister. Do you reckon it will survive, or will it die due to lack of oxygen?

Thank you!
After a recent discussion on TFF, I have learned that bb needs some water circulation to survive.

Even if you have a simple air pump in the canister, the bb will survive.

After a recent discussion on TFF, I have learned that bb needs some water circulation to survive.

Even if you have a simple air pump in the canister, the bb will survive.
Great suggestion. Thank you!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back