Aquabid Purchase

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rez

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all, I haven't been on in awhile. I have been very busy graduating college, getting engaged, and getting a job. Anyway I am pleased to announce that my nearly 2 year struggle to find C. Adolfoi is almost over I found some on Aquabid, from the seller that I got my C. Julli from. I am so ecstatic, I cannot wait for them to come! I already have their home cycled, fishless of course, and about half of my stock of Endlers are keeping the environment for them until they arrive. I'll keep you all updated as to their condition and the acclimation process when they arrive.

Later,
Rez B)

You must post pics right away! haha

Also we expect pics of the julii. :shifty:

Congrats on the find! :nod:

Who is the dealer?

The dealer is Dflorio61 and I'll try and snap some pictures of the Julii tomorrow with my new camera when I get home from work and post. The Adolfoi will probably be getting here next week due to the cold snap that has set in along the shipping route, he does not feel safe shipping them when it is this cold and either do I.

Later,
Rez B)

Yes I have gotten some nice fishies from Dominic Florio. Is that the same supplier?

I have some Cories ready to ship, too, but have also decided to wait out the cold. I have lost fish mid winter and mid summer in the past.

Here is a picture of one of the Julii that he sent me about a year ago. They have been so healthy and lovely the entire time.

Julii-1.jpg

I'll post pictures of the Adolfoi too once I get them, oh I am praying to the weather gods that they get this cold out of here!

Later all,
Rez B)

We just had a discussion on juliis. Ian posted some pics. check them out here

I see you also have a trilineatus. What do you think?

I am in California and I won't ship! I can't imagine what it is like in the windy city--blowing ice knives?

We just had a discussion on juliis. Ian posted some pics. check them out here

I see you also have a trilineatus. What do you think?

I am in California and I won't ship! I can't imagine what it is like in the windy city--blowing ice knives?

Yeah I actually started a topic and questioned the authenticity of the Juliis I received, but the conclusion that was drawn was that the cories that I received were really julii
Thread here: Thread

Well I'll take some more pictures tonight, now that I think about it I might have inadvertantly snapped a picture of my Trilineatus, and posted it :blush: . I'll See if I can get her seperated from the "juliis" and try again.

Rez B)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's crossed fingers and a hopeful prayer. I want to see a pic of a real life julii!

Then Frank can die a happy happy man! :lol:

Checking that thread and the pics of the fish you got, although I certainly am no expert, they sure look like juliis.

HEY! Frank!

Ok I have gotten home from work, and had a real close look at my cories I believe my Julii are really Trilineatus, my old known trilineatus and my "julii" have interesting differences however, but again C. Trilineatus can have a number of different characteristics

Here is the picture again that I showed you before, and yes it is of the fish I got off of Aquabid as a Julii

Julii-1.jpg

and here is my old known Trilineatus

Trilineatus.jpg

I think that it is interesting that the 3-lined stripe seems to continure all the way up to the gill on my old Trilineatus, whereas it seems to end as a coherent stripe on the "juliis." Also the noses are completely different on the "juliis" and the trilineatus the trilineatus's is very blunt, while the "julii's" is longer and gently sloping.

* note the old Trilineatus was one of six fish that I bought at a lfs labeled as Trilineatus, but tragically his companions quickly died, I still have no idea why this happened, I very very rarely lose corydoras and especially not that many that quickly. I just chalked it up to poor water quality at the lfs, I haven't bought from there since. :good:

Well this whole thing has been very interesting for me I have looked more closely at my fish than I ever have, but in the end I am out 6 julii and gain 6 trilineatus.

Later,
Rez B)

Aw.... :unsure: sorry, Frank :sad: [pout pout]

Well, they are handsome trilineatus, Rez. Like Inchworm said, Dflorio is not a species expert, but he sends healthy fish. (All mine made a good trip and rehomed well too from him.)

My Adolfoi finally arrived today in the mail. it took two months for the weather to finally level out enough to be shipped, but I received all 5 of my C. Adolfoi safe and sound. After more than a year of searching I am finally the proud owner of the elusive Adolfoi. Here is a picture of one of them as it is playing against the glass.

Adolfoi.jpg

I love them and along with the email I am sending to their former owner telling him that they arrived safe and sound I am requesting to be the first one told when he has more for sale. I love them :wub:

Most reactions

Back