Aquabarb - 2021 Tank of the Year Winner!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
2021 Tank
of the Year Tournament
Our 12 Tank of the Month winners during 2021 competed in this Tropical Fish Forums' Tank of the Year contest. Our members voted for the tank they deemed as "best of the best."
And the winner of Tank of the Year is:
:band:
:hooray:
Aquabarb
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
20211030_175333-jpg.146782

Hi folks :)

This is my Juwel Rio 180 (47g) River tank. Not quite finished yet but its coming along nicely :)

Running with....
* 2 x heaters with a HTC306 T duel controller.
*Juwel internal filter and a large duel sponge filter.
*2x T5's 45w blubs
Scape...
*Substrate: Play sand
*Plants: Cryptocoryne Beckettii- wendtii- willisii- Nevilli- Parva, Rotala Indica, Amazon Swords, Hygrophia, Moss balls and Water Sprite floating. (Feed with root tabs and seachem flourish)
*Decor: bogwood and river stone.
Current stocking..
18 Cardinal Tetra
9 Rummy nose Tetra
6 Pearl Gourami
12 Pepper Cory
1 BN Pleco
Maintance/parameters.
*50/75% weekly water changes. *Ammonia 0,Nitrite 0, nitrates 10ppm, Ph 7.4 Gh 9.1

Thank you for looking :)

Last edited:
Congrats to @AquaBarb on his meticulously planted Jewel Rio 180 litre river themed tank. Well deserved win! Aquabarb will be featured on our Wall of Fame and he will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate.

Coming in 2nd place is @Kolykaf with his 20 gallon long nicely planted tank. Great job, Kolykaf. He will soon receive a $30 Amazon gift certificate. If you want to see his tank, CLICK HERE

Coming in 3rd place is @Naterjm with his perfectly aquascaped 20 gallon long tank. He will be awarded a $20 gift certificate. If you want to see his tank, CLICK HERE

Thank to all members for participating in Tropical Fish Forums' contests. We're looking forward to continuing our contests during 2022.

Last edited:
Well done! Beautiful tank 😍

cool! i also have a massive sword plant forest on one side of my tank :D
and pearl gouramis

Wow! thank you all very much:)

Honoured to have won tank of the month, never mind tank of the year...Crazy. All the tanks entered were stunning so well done to everyone for their beautiful tanks.

Thank you for everyone who voted and thank you to @Fishmanic for all the promoting and planning the contests throughout the year:)

Congrats @AquaBarb! I love your aquarium! The plants with the huge piece of drift wood.... It looks like an oasis for fish. I dont know how you make your tank look so bright but whatever you're doing keep doing it. I remembered when you made the thread on whether or not to add the pearl gouramis... You definitely made the right decision on adding them. Congrats again! And maybe you might just win again 😉.
(Sorry for the late response)

Congrats @AquaBarb! I love your aquarium! The plants with the huge piece of drift wood.... It looks like an oasis for fish. I dont know how you make your tank look so bright but whatever you're doing keep doing it. I remembered when you made the thread on whether or not to add the pearl gouramis... You definitely made the right decision on adding them. Congrats again! And maybe you might just win again 😉.
(Sorry for the late response)
Thank you for your kind comments. Ive spent alot more time on other scapes but this just come together quite nicely and seems to work really well with the fish i have:)

The Pearls finished it off for me and luckily so far still get on great.

@Naterjm also no shame in finishing 3rd among 12 awesome TOTM winners. You got a good amount of votes too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back