Aqua one Moray 480

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

strangeworld2002

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have this pump which came with my new Aqua nano 60 but it is way too powerful for my guppies. I've tried different outlet positions but no joy. There is no flow adjustment on it either. Anything I can try?

Find a pre filter, it’s a sleeve that goes over the intake tube which slows down the flow. If you can’t find one that fits, make one with a sponge cut out!

The Aqua Nano 60 hits on google say it comes with a filter and heater built into a back section. The Moray 480 is a circulation pump rather than a filter pump.

Can you tell us exactly what you have in your tank, as for freshwater community tanks a filter alone provides enough water circulation.

I don't know how big your tank is, but if it's fairly small, this is the only truly silent pump I've ever used. I've run them on several different beta tanks. They're powerful enough to run a sponge filter, dead silent, and look rather cool.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
in my opinion, putting a sponge in the outlet rather than the inlet of the filter is better so the filter has less resistance.

The Aqua Nano tanks have a filter built into the back of the tank so it is impossible to fit sponge over the intake or outlet.

Diagram from the manual on AquaOne's website

Aqua nano 60 filter.jpg

The intake is a group of slits in the back panel and the outlet is a tube aligning with a hole in the back panel.
What I can't find is the model number of the pump.
@strangeworld2002 Can you tell us, is the Moray 480 the pump on the filter as the manual for it seems to say it's a free standing circulation pump not intended for use as part of a filter.

The Aqua Nano tanks have a filter built into the back of the tank so it is impossible to fit sponge over the intake or outlet.

Diagram from the manual on AquaOne's website

View attachment 309521

The intake is a group of slits in the back panel and the outlet is a tube aligning with a hole in the back panel.
What I can't find is the model number of the pump.
@strangeworld2002 Can you tell us, is the Moray 480 the pump on the filter as the manual for it seems to say it's a free standing circulation pump not intended for use as part of a filter.
The morary 480 is the pump that sits in the sump as per this diagram item 6 and its very powerful turns over 720lp/h which is high for a 100 litre tank.

That is a high turn over, it's over 7 times the tank volume per hour.

I know from person experience that Aqua One instruction manuals are not terribly helpful. I don't think they mention whether or not is is possible to change the pump for a less powerful model.
Spare pumps are available for the smaller Aqua Nano aquariums, it might be worth contacting one of the sites which sell them to ask if they can be used in your tank. I've used the site FishPetsReptiles for various spare parts over the years, they might be worth a try.

The morary 480 is the pump that sits in the sump as per this diagram item 6 and its very powerful turns over 720lp/h which is high for a 100 litre tank.
That is a high turn over, it's over 7 times the tank volume per hour.

I know from person experience that Aqua One instruction manuals are not terribly helpful. I don't think they mention whether or not is is possible to change the pump for a less powerful model.
Spare pumps are available for the smaller Aqua Nano aquariums, it might be worth contacting one of the sites which sell them to ask if they can be used in your tank. I've used the site FishPetsReptiles for various spare parts over the years, they might be worth a try.
Thank you I know the smaller one will fit and it does have a flow adjuster on it. Why they supply such a high power one with the 60 I don't know. I've directed it at the side of the tank for now and the Guppies seem happy with that now so I may leave it.

I once bough an AquaOne 25-ish litre tank for a betta. The filter they supplied with the tank would have kept the betta flattened against the opposite wall. I used a different filter and sold the one which came with the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back