Aqua Oak fish tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I am doing WC on my 29s and 20 today. The new 55 is working out and I am working on replacing most of the Java ferns with anubias. Some of the anubias leaves turned yellow. It maybe that they were grown on the surface and have to adjust to being submerged. I Have my water down to around 30ppm but the PH is at 7.3-7.4. Looking at setting up a breeding tank instead of trying to breed in the community tank. I still dream of a 75gallon tank but I know the wife would not be happy with it.
What you looking to breed? Your Tetra..

Yes your right, its something i need to consider the depth. The tanks i was looking at before were 24" front to back where as these are 18"/22".

My first plan for the tank will be ok at 18" but might restrict me in the future.

Thanks for that Wills :)

Ill look into the Evolution Aqua and Oase ranges

No probs its definitely worth thinking about 18 inches limits you to 6-8 inches (9 at a push) where as 24 gives you upto 10-12 inches if you wanted to go for big cichlids, catfish or oddballs.

Wills

What you looking to breed? Your Tetra..
Trying toget them to breed , after the luck I had with the red eyed tetras I thought I would try it with my other shoals of tetras but they do not seem all that interested. When I had the castle in the 55 gallon tank they seemed to be in the mood often. :dunno:I guess the more natural surroundings does not do it. I will be pulling the plastic fry grass out at the end of the year and adding it to my 10 gallon breeding tank I am putting together in the basement.

Ive not seen the Seabray range, ill have a look :)

Cheers

This was what I got In the vintage oak.

Don’t get me wrong, I did like the Aqua Oak range and was close to getting the 120 2 door or the 150 Drawers and Doors models but the Sebray was £469 at the time so no real contest I’m afraid.

Cheers Sean,
This is the tank that drawn me to the oak look but i wanted more volume than 300ltrs.

I think ideally id like a tank 183cm (L) x 60cm (D) 400-600 ltrs.

Ive seen a company on Ebay who sell big tanks that you can custom your size, colour etc.
20201026_094218.jpg
20201026_094233.jpg

20201026_094200.jpg

Think ill go look at a maidenheads to get a good picture of size in my head. Looks like the oak tanks max out at 18" in depth when they are 6ft wide

This was what I got In the vintage oak.

Don’t get me wrong, I did like the Aqua Oak range and was close to getting the 120 2 door or the 150 Drawers and Doors models but the Sebray was £469 at the time so no real contest I’m afraid.

They are nice looking tanks. The grey colour looks like a range i like in my LFS thats classed as the Urban style.

Think ill sort some templates out of the different sizes and see what looks best. 24" would give me more options has Wills mentioned but i suppose 18" would still be decent with a the 6ft width if i found a tank that size i really liked.

If you do consider custom built, mine is an ND Aquatics tank. I can recommend them.

I am doing WC on my 29s and 20 today. The new 55 is working out and I am working on replacing most of the Java ferns with anubias. Some of the anubias leaves turned yellow. It maybe that they were grown on the surface and have to adjust to being submerged. I Have my water down to around 30ppm but the PH is at 7.3-7.4. Looking at setting up a breeding tank instead of trying to breed in the community tank. I still dream of a 75gallon tank but I know the wife would not be happy with it.
Actually, I think I think I like my 55G better than my 75G. You can’t tell the difference in size by looking at them. The 75G is just wider and takes longer to fill.

ND Aquatics list their standard size tanks, but they'll also make one to your specifications. All I did was email them with the size I wanted and they gave me a quote.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back