Aqua Oak fish tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Hi TFF folk :)

Any members got or ever had a fish tank from the Aqua Oak range?

Seem to be linked with Maidenhead aquatics and i quite like a couple of the tanks they do.

Just wondering if they are as good as they look :)

Attachments

• 20201025_131245.jpg
    20201025_131245.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 20201025_131232.jpg
    20201025_131232.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
They look good in store. Not had one but looked at them and decided they were too high (deep) for my liking so check the dims.

I looked at them as well but it was also the dimensions which put me off. 61 cm is just too tall for me. That's why I went for a custom built tank so I could choose my own dimensions- mine is just 45 cm tall.

Think ill go to Maidenheads and have a look. These are only 20cm higher than my fluval Roma so height shouldnt be too much of a problem for me.

One is 6ft in width (420ltr) but holds less as the 5ft (465ltr) because of the depth. Think the 6ft looks wise is more appealing for me plus some species i would like to add need the 6ft lenght

Yeah I always look at them in awe when I have been in Maidenhead. They look beautiful! but I do wonder how practical they are and wonder if I would spend most of my time trying to bodge something to make it fit in with the aesthetic.

I looked at the Aqua Oak range at MA before I got my Seabray from them.

Really liked them but in the end the cost was a bit more than I wanted to pay and they didn’t quite have what I wanted.

Worth looking at if you want a nice piece of furniture as part of your set up.

I’d also look around and if you find anyone selling the MA ones cheaper they’ll price match on their website.

I looked at the Aqua Oak range at MA before I got my Seabray from them.

Really liked them but in the end the cost was a bit more than I wanted to pay and they didn’t quite have what I wanted.

Worth looking at if you want a nice piece of furniture as part of your set up.

I’d also look around and if you find anyone selling the MA ones cheaper they’ll price match on their website.
It does knock the price up with having the oak furniture with the tank. Ive seen some nice tanks for 4 or £500 pound cheaper with other wood stands. It doesnt need to be oak tbf although it would match our other furniture and keep the wife happier :nod:

Ive not seen the Seabray range, ill have a look :)

Cheers

They are really nice looking stands but expensive.
They are expensive but the wife didnt chuck anything at me when i mentioned the price lol.

Ive wanted a big tank for a good while and so nearly purchased one this year. Decided to hang fire for now with having 4 tanks already but not sure my resolve will last long.

Im going to decorate after xmas and then im sure a big tank will be on its way :nod:

Hows your set ups? Everything settled since the problem you had?

The one that doubles as a wine rack looked pretty good :banana:

I am doing WC on my 29s and 20 today. The new 55 is working out and I am working on replacing most of the Java ferns with anubias. Some of the anubias leaves turned yellow. It maybe that they were grown on the surface and have to adjust to being submerged. I Have my water down to around 30ppm but the PH is at 7.3-7.4. Looking at setting up a breeding tank instead of trying to breed in the community tank. I still dream of a 75gallon tank but I know the wife would not be happy with it.

I was thinking of one of the small ones when I got my Aquascaper and the only things that put my off was that they were not that deep front to back and the hood was really tall and the cabinet was not that high so it made for a slightly strage viewing angle. There are some really nice newer brands out there that do nice cabinets etc Evolution Aqua and Oase both look good and have good dimensions too.

When I had my big tank the depth always held me back in terms of what I could keep, it was 6 foot long but only 18 inches front to back so when I wanted big big fish I had to regin it back to be more comparable with most 4 foot tanks but greater numbers. Not sure if this would be a consideration for your plans though?

Wills

The one that doubles as a wine rack looked pretty good :banana:

Cool! Ive seen a big one like this at my local garden centre. Very handy indeed

I was thinking of one of the small ones when I got my Aquascaper and the only things that put my off was that they were not that deep front to back and the hood was really tall and the cabinet was not that high so it made for a slightly strage viewing angle. There are some really nice newer brands out there that do nice cabinets etc Evolution Aqua and Oase both look good and have good dimensions too.

When I had my big tank the depth always held me back in terms of what I could keep, it was 6 foot long but only 18 inches front to back so when I wanted big big fish I had to regin it back to be more comparable with most 4 foot tanks but greater numbers. Not sure if this would be a consideration for your plans though?

Wills
Yes your right, its something i need to consider the depth. The tanks i was looking at before were 24" front to back where as these are 18"/22".

My first plan for the tank will be ok at 18" but might restrict me in the future.

Thanks for that Wills :)

Ill look into the Evolution Aqua and Oase ranges

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back