April Form

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AshleyT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/75460450@N03/6900099532/
Would someone be able to enter my firemouth in the fotm as I don't know how to do it, thanks

you need 2 pictures. The actual entry picture which you want the users to vote on, and a proof picture which includes a picture of your tank, with the selected fish in shot accompanied by a paper example of your username,FOTM and the date. Simples

You simply post in the FOTM topic, adding your image links contained in a [img*][*/img] set of tags

Example post:

Entry Picture
[img*]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7096/6900099532_28698b5708.jpg[*/img]
Proof Pic
[img*]"Your proof picture list here"[*/img]

"The *'s are meant to be removed in the post"

Ok so if I use the one I posted above and another one with a peice of paper with my name and the date, would that be ok?

yes, but the piece of paper with your name needs to be in front of the tank so we can easily tell the fish in the first picture is actually in your tank (and not a random photo from the internet).

It's all explained in the rules at the top of this section.

How to submit your competition entry:-

12) To enter the competition, two photographs are required. The first photograph to be submitted is your competition entry. The second photograph should be identical to the first as far as possible, however must include a clearly visible piece of paper with 'TFF FOTM COMP' and the date clearly written on. This is to ensure that the fish entered does belong to the entrant.

The moderators understand that it is not easy to obtain two identical photographs of a fish (it's often difficult to get one, never mind two), and the rules must reflect this. Therefore, the verification photograph will be accepted if it clearly shows one of the following two things:-

- That both photographs are of the same fish;

or

- That although the fish may not be clearly seen in the verification photograph, it is clear that the photograph is of the same tank (some distinguishing feature is visible in both photographs).

The moderators reserve the right to ask for further verification if required.

I have no access to Flickr so can not see it.

How about copying the link and using the 'insert image' button so that we can see it here?

It's saying I'm not allowed to upload it :S

It's saying I'm not allowed to upload it :S

there is a button that looks like a little picture of a tree - hover the mouse over it and it says "insert image". Is that what you are doing?

In Flickr, go to the "view all sizes" page - choose the size you want (for this kind of thing, medium 640 is good.) Then right click and select 'copy image location' and paste that in the line that pops up when you select the "insert image" icon above the post. Right above where you can type is a little polaroid photo image - that's the one.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

I'll have to try it tonight when u get on laptop thanks for help tho

Imgur is great for simplicity re: sharing images on websites/forums, but Flickr is much better for photography and sharing you photos with friends and family. Imgur is kind of like twitter - more about random images/screenshots and then getting people to comment, frequently in text-speak. Flickr is a place to collect and display your photos (and share them) or join subgroups that focus on different photography themes. Very different websites.

I can't see why you'd do imgur if you already have Flickr, like the OP.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back