April 2013 Pet Of The Month Competition Entries

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who participated in our March 2013 competition.

The poll to decide the winner is currently running and will be active until 31st March 2013. The winner will then be announced.

Meantime, please start posting entries and nominations for the April 2013 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so lets keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read the rules before submitting a nomination or entry.

The April competition will close for entries and nominations on 14th April 2013.

Rolo, Shar Pei, Age 6.

Showing his support for England!

couchboy007_zps4be6a891.jpg

SDC12615_zps7c5d08d1.jpg

I'll try again with Honey the Springer Spaniel :) Got this pic whilst we were at a friends with her. She's my partners dog. Bad pictures as they were taken on my phone not my camera.

Entry
2013-03-02160610_zpsb5001a64.jpg

Verification
2013-03-02160554_zpsdbfc1703.jpg

Ignore my partner :lol:

Today I show you something NEVER seen before on tropical fish forums pet of the month competitions.
Behold Larry
IMG_4046_zps7ef9bc62.jpg

He's a commen garden praying mantis.
And heres the verification
IMG_4050_zpsec5a6718.jpg

And here's what happened after I took the entry picture
IMG_4049_zps229861bb.jpg

Sandy

Entry
HPIM1523.jpg

Verification
c4b1f822-8bc7-47d3-8255-f0a78504cedd_zps13826658.jpg

This is my first time ever entering in one of these competitions....
wacko.png
But every time I bump into someone while walking Sandy, there is just a shower of compliments about how beautiful she is, so I at least have a tiny bit of confidence!

Two of my favourite breeds rolled into one :)  She's gorgeous.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:54 AM
Today I show you something NEVER seen before on tropical fish forums pet of the month competitions.
Behold Larry

Larry is interesting, where do you keep him, or does he live in your garden? 
kewlpics.gif

I caught him when I was walking my dogs, he had grabbed onto one of their tails and was really spooking her. I bent down to see what she was whining a bout and this little green thing had caught my eye. It was Larry. He crawled on my arm and Soon was living in one of my empty terrariums ( kind of like a land fish tank ) until last Thursday when I released him. I fed him crickets and he quickly came adjusted to life in captivity. Of course he spent about 6 hours a day sitting on my shoulder as I went about my daily business. Never once tried to escape, I think he liked me. RCA, I want you to YouTube praying mantis hunting. It is so cool to watch!!!
:)

...he spent about 6 hours a day sitting on my shoulder as I went about my daily business. Never once tried to escape, I think he liked me.

I think he thought he was in a tree ;)

RCA, I want you to YouTube praying mantis hunting. It is so cool to watch!!!

They look like "butter wouldn't melt..." but what a mean eating machine!  Found this as a general good video, but also saw one try to kill a snake!  Just as well he "liked" you :)

RCA said:
...he spent about 6 hours a day sitting on my shoulder as I went about my daily business. Never once tried to escape, I think he liked me.

I think he thought he was in a tree ;)

LOL

They look like "butter wouldn't melt..." but what a mean eating machine!  Found this as a general good video, but also saw one try to kill a snake!  Just as well he "liked" you :)
Kewl video. I wanna see the rest of that series so bad right now lol. I've had first hand experience of just how sharp those spiky arms are: one time I was holding a dead cricket in front of him and waving it back and forth like It was alive. Well let's just say he missed....
He also enjoyed climbing up on my computer to attack the mouse as it went about posting on TFF.

Word to the wise, don't let a mantis drink your blood ( such a dumb idea of mine to let Larry do that. He started chewing on my skin and left a big hole in my arm ) as it hurts.... Alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back