Apple Snail

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

The_Budmaster

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Heres a nice pic of 'gary' our Apple snail, he's a little bit algae'd but the loach has been cleaning him when it gets too bad :lol:
The lighter part of his shell at the front is all new growth thats happened since we got him.

applesnail.JPG

applesnail2.JPG

i dont know what everyones got against apple snails - theyre great!! i've got 3 of the lil things :wub: one tried to escape during yesterdays water change :lol:

kool, looks like an oldie, how big is he? :)

Good lookin' snail Bud! I have around 5 of them as well......great little buddies! :p

I just bought my first golden apple snail a few weeks ago and I love him to death. Dont' have a name for him yet though. Nothing comes to mind yet. :huh:

Are these snails safe with any fish? Specifically, will clown loaches bother them or do they only take care of the small snails that come with new plants?

Thanks

We had to take him out of the tank that he was in with our female Betta, she kept pecking at him & almost swimming inside his shell at points. I dont know about the loaches sorry

Depends if you got a male & female, even if you did then they lay egg sacks above the water so you could easily remove the eggs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back