Apistogramma Agassizii

Spalders

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a pair in my office tank and I'm a little concerned about the male. They are in there by themselves and every time he displays to her, she displays back but then attacks his face. Only a nip then backs off but she keeps doing it every time he displays.

Is it that they are incompatible as I can't find any info.

I have a pair in my office tank and I'm a little concerned about the male. They are in there by themselves and every time he displays to her, she displays back but then attacks his face. Only a nip then backs off but she keeps doing it every time he displays.

Is it that they are incompatible as I can't find any info.
Same species? What size is the tank?

Any chance of a picture and short video of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

Any chance of a picture and short video of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.
Do you know what? I've sat there with my phone poised for action and......she won't bloomin well do it now :mad:
I'm not really angry as I don't want him to feel bullied but it's so frustrating to wait for ages for nothing :lol:

Do you know what? I've sat there with my phone poised for action and......she won't bloomin well do it now :mad:
I'm not really angry as I don't want him to feel bullied but it's so frustrating to wait for ages for nothing :lol:
She doesn't want incriminating evidence circulating around the fish shops :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back