Apisto Cacatoudies Fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

phocoena

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've not had mine for very long. On Friday last week I was greeted with 2 females having spawned. removed one set of eggs to a seperate tank. These went fungal.

Today I woke up and found Mama outside her Cave with 10-15 babies. She has gone back in there while I was out.

I know if any survive I can remove them into a seperate "fry" tank after 7 days but before 1 months old. so 4 weeks today. I assume this is either by syphon or turkey baster?

Anything else I need to know. (except how to get brine shrimp eggs FAST)

I've not had mine for very long. On Friday last week I was greeted with 2 females having spawned. removed one set of eggs to a seperate tank. These went fungal.

Today I woke up and found Mama outside her Cave with 10-15 babies. She has gone back in there while I was out.

I know if any survive I can remove them into a seperate "fry" tank after 7 days but before 1 months old. so 4 weeks today. I assume this is either by syphon or turkey baster?

Anything else I need to know. (except how to get brine shrimp eggs FAST)

you can use banana worm or microworm culture instead but brine shrimp are good if you can culture them but if you have a seperate tank then they will constantly breed so it maybe worth moving the pair to there own breeding tank with a few dither fish

This brood are missing/dead. It has been a learning curve BUT it means that next time I have some idea about what to do and signs that they have been breeding before I get to the what am I doing?! stage.

And I have BBS on order ready for next time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back