Api Quick Start

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chigwellhammer

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff? How did you find it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/API-QUICK-START-118ML-LIVE-FILTER-BACTERIA-LIMITS-AMMONIA-NITRITE-NATURAL-/330737094419?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4d01778f13

Just want some reviews on it, Still going to cycle but it might help speed it up :)

Silly phone.that was of course meant to say resource lol x

oh it won't do anything at all to speed anything up

Apart from the emptying of your wallet. Try getting a bit of mature media from a local member or lfs and use this to help x

There are very mixed reviews on these filter start type of products....works for some but not for others. As long as you're not relying on it for cycling and have the money then why not give it a go :)

i tried it and it did nothing but make my tank get foamy on the top layer of water. I will give a shout out to Dr. Tims one and only bacteria. this stuff actually works. mark my words. I did a fishless cycle and after over a month of no ammonia drop or nitrite spike while using API quick start i used dr tims and my tank fully cycle in about two weeks.. dont waste money on the API stuff

I've used it loads of times, its really good. Its not a fix all kind of treatment but its been used to good success to set up several shop systems and big aquariums.

Like it says on the bottle, it doesnt work on its own, it does need an ammonia source but if you give it that, it works really well and a lot faster than some other methods to the same end.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back