API general cure

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mateo Vanegas

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What do you guys think of api general cure? I got guppy’s from my LFS and have 3 glowlight and two otos

I have 1 male and 2 female guppy’s

What are you trying to cure? Don't use meds unless absolutely necessary after fish show symptoms and are properly diagnosed.

API General Cure contains Praziquantel and Metronidazole.

Praziquantel is used to treat tapeworm in animals and fish, and is a safe medication to use.

----------------------
Metronidazole is an anti-biotic used to treat people with some types of internal infections, and it can be used to treat fish with certain internal protozoan infections. However, it should not be used unless the fish have a known intestinal infection that has not responded to normal fish medications.

Improper use or mis-use of medications like Metronidazole, can lead to drug resistant bacteria that can kill people, animals, birds and fish.

----------------------
In my opinion, API General Cure should only be used as a last resort on fish that are sick with a known internal infection, and it should not be used unless that is the case.

Okay, one of my guppies are pooping clear stringy poop and I wanted to get rid of any internal parasites that he might have.

Is the fish eating properly?
Is it losing weight?
Has it swollen up (become really fat overnight)?
How long has it been pooping white/ clear stringy stuff?
How long have you had the fish for?
Have you added anything new to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back