FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Here is a sample of mine...

Flight of Eagles

It is a misty night and the intersection is shrouded in mist.

I am filled with trepidation at the thought of meeting you. I wander about the intersection awaiting your arrival. I freeze in mid step as I see a shape approach. Even though we have never met I knew that it must be you. My throat feels constricted as I watch you approach, my hands tremble. The closer you come the clearer the world appears. As you near, your hand extended, the world begins to change.

Your finger tips meet mine and the world stops. I look down amazed as I do not see a hand. I see a wing tip and the same for what should have been mine. My world turns upside down. The land of the Earth is no longer my realm. My world becomes the sky.

As we touch we take flight and soar through the heavens. We speak, but not in words, we speak a language of concepts and ideas. We speak life.

We flow as though part of the air, as if we are pure elements of the Earth. We are free of all restraints. We fly over a pond and I truly see us for the first time. I do not see souls restricted by gravity but rather eagles flying free. We fly over leas and glens with total abandon. I spot a rabbit but am no threat; my sole awareness resides within you.

In a heartbeat this flight becomes my total world. We soar through the currents of space and time as though we were the center of the universe. We meld as one.

The handshake ends and the intersection is no longer shrouded in mist. We walk arm in arm to our destination.

Not really prose but I sometimes have weird thoughts go through my head.

Read post #1 before post #7

Post #17 is where I got involved in this thread and wrote a bit. Read it from the start tho, it's funnier.

A while back I did a re-write of the first posted bit or prose. The original was meant as meeting your 'soul mate'. The following is about meeting yourself and finding peace. I had to say what this was about as, unless known, the mix of our, I and we, can be confusing. The mix is intentional. May be obscure but it is about my belief that one must be happy with oneself before it is possible to be happy with another.

Flight of Eagles

It is a misty night, and the fog makes it impossible to see clearly.

I am filled with trepidation at the thought of meeting you. I wander about the intersection awaiting my arrival. I freeze in mid step as I see a shape approach. Even though we have never met I know that it must be you. My throat feels constricted as I watch you approach, my hands tremble. The closer you come the clearer the world appears. As you near, your hand extended, the world begins to change.

Your fingertips meet mine and the world stops. I look down amazed as I do not see a hand. I see a wing tip and the same for what should have been mine, we are a mirror. My world turns upside down. The land of the Earth is no longer my realm. Our world becomes the sky.

As we touch, I take flight and soar through the heavens. We speak, but not in words, we speak a language of concepts and ideas. I speak of life.

I fly as though part of the air, as if we are pure elements of the Earth. I am free of all restraints. I fly over a pond and I truly see us for the first time. I do not see a soul restricted by gravity but rather an eagle flying free. I fly over leas and glens with total abandon. I spot a rabbit but am no threat, my sole awareness resides within myself.

In a heartbeat this flight becomes my total world. I soar through the currents of space and time as though we are the center of the universe. I meld as one.

The handshake ends and the intersection is clear with a moonlit sky... I walk with myself to my destination.

It had been awhile since I was at my favorite pet shop.
Surely no one would remember my last visit.
Walking in the front door , looking around cautiously for the Parakeet Lady that was so protective of the bird area , I sensed that the coast was clear. "Hey stinky !" The disdainful shout reverberated throughout the small shop and instantly all eyes were on me. I could have died a thousand deaths while bolting for the door. "Not so fast stinky" . Parakeet Lady was a big girl , not big as in obese but big as in Arnold Schwarzenegger big , and she had me by the scruff of the neck. "How about ponying up for those canaries you killed with your rotten fart you unloosed in here ?"
A little boy and his Mom were watching the whole thing and the kid was starting to laugh , not a funny amused kind of laugh but a maniacal laugh that scared me because he knew Parakeet Lady and had seen her take care of business before. It had been a very long time since a shoplifter had been in here. Word gets around.
The owner was hurrying up front but not fast enough for me. She might save me but she was leery of Parakeet Lady too .
Suddenly I felt my feet coming up off the floor and a big hand reaching into my back pocket. "What's the PIN on the debit card Stinky ?". I told her and she relaxed her grip.
The bums rush out the door was welcome even with that kids laughter stinging my ears.
I don't know , maybe another week or two and I'll go back and watch the birds again.

I do think we idealize eagles as symbols. I am surrounded by bald eagles here, and they are nest raiders and scavengers. Nice looking birds, but. My local crows fought off a nest raid in an epic battle outside my study window last Spring, and I was pulling for the crows. The eagle was defeated and ran off, the crows recovered from their wounds and saved their young, and I decided I'd never use an eagle as a symbol again...
I like watching them in the air, but vultures and seagulls are elegant on the wing too.

@GaryE Yep. Gotta flesh this out a little more. I know you know the type. The pest that seems to show up at every pet shop. He spends little but annoys much. He orders things and never comes back for them and when he does finally reappear he acts as if nothing happened. Everybody is a dummy except him and he has done everything better , stronger and faster. Funny though that he wears the same soiled garments and shows up with the bus or on foot. I know you know the type.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back