Anyone Watch Return To River Cottage

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
hi just wanted to know if anyone watches these shows they are based on the same man but what it is, is that a man named Hugh Fernley Whittingstall used to live in london, he hated the noise and fumes in the air so he decided to move in to the country side where he bought a small cottage with a bit of land and what he wanted to do was to start a new life living on what he grew like vegetables and caught like fish. He is a very good chef and makes really nice looking food even out of snails lol :sick:

if you havnt seen this programme its on discovery realtime not sure of the times but its good you should watch it sometime :)

I've seen the program a couple of times, never really got into it. Maybe if i watch some more i will.

yeah but it always makes me hungry. lol

I have seen darn near every episode and have all his fab cookbooks....I wish I could do the same.

Hard work but a really enjoyable life :)

Have watched the programes but not on a regular basis. They are repeated a lot on Discovery Real Time. I love seeing the Dorset countryside.

Great show and some great recipes.

Always wanted to know how to cook pigs eyes and ears,and the stomach of a calf basted in the blood of eels. :D

Seriously though i do enjoy his programme and sometimes envy his lifestyle but then again sometimes i dont. :unsure:

We are lucky in that, like Hugh, we live in the middle of nowhere, our own well and lots of acres ( unfortunately not ours ) for our dogs to roam free in.
Although we do not keep our own livestock we do help with the pheasants, rabbit and the occasional deer and they do taste good.
We have an orchard behind with pears, apples and Victoria plums that we share with the deer that live behind us.

Hughs' recipes are excellent and I think the programmes are really good, in this day and age when the towns are creeping outward at an amazingly fast rate, it is nice to have a bit of serentiy to go back home to :)

Ive seen it, we have a few of his cook books aswell (never made anything from they though)

My wife and I would love to do something like that but you need to have alot of money to get started, and with a name like 'Hugh Fernley Whittingstall' I doubt he grew up on a rough council estate some how.

Fair play to him though. I liked the one where him and a friend made 'Pita Pidgeon pockets' they looked well good, the best bit was they made such a good profit they decided to stop at a pub on the way home to celabrate.....problem was they parked on double yellows outside the pub and got clamped!

Still, he was a few pints of Guiness up at the end of the day and a valuable lesson learned. (his mate was driving of course)

some of the things he eats i woun t even feed to my dog :lol: but i do envey his lifestyle you no the whole living of the fat of the land thing :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back