Anyone Want To Rant? About Anything? I Do.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
agreed, i do get annoyed when older members talk down to newbies

but

newbies arent always newbies and on a couple of other forums i've seen these "experienced" people be put right in their place by the "newbies" who have actually been keepiung fish for twice as long as they have

quite funny to watch someone full of themselves go away with their tail between their legs

Just because someone posts a lot that doesn't always equal experience/knowledge which is why you should never be fooled by a high post count.....doesn't take much to post a smiley or an 'I agree with what ... said' multiple times.

My rant of the day?

People who feel the need to repeat what has already been said over and over again, whether the reply is "agreed", "+1" or the same answer but written in a slightly different way.

If someone has made a point or given what is obviously the correct answer... why bother repeatedly saying the same thing again? Its pointless... just makes it look like you either can't read or can't come up with your own observations or answer....

:rolleyes:

EDIT: I really can't spell!

My rant of the day?

People who feel the need to repeat what has already been said over and over again, whether the reply is "agreed", "+1" or the same answer but written in a slightly different way.

If someone has made a point or given what is obviously the correct answer... why bother repeatedly saying the same thing again? Its pointless... just makes it look like you either can't read or can't come up with your own observations or answer....

+1 :lol:

Sorry had to be done, seriously though, they can be added to the excessive quoters IMO, you know, the ones that quote the whole post above and just add that at the bottom.

My rant of the day?

+1 :lol:

Sorry had to be done, seriously though, they can be added to the excessive quoters IMO, you know, the ones that quote the whole post above and just add that at the bottom.

Agreed ;)

:shifty: You are both cruel!

Don't play your music so late it sends my dogs mad. I WILL play music loud early tomorrow morning and possibly use a few power tools too.

Quoting 20 full posts on here is annoying, I agree. You don't need to quote the entire topic.

Reading some posts on here would depress a whole 200mg of largactle.

I want far to much, I have far to little space and even less money.

Feel better already. Cuppa tea?

Not really one for ranting, but it truly amazes me what some low life people will do for a bit of money,

The house next door is a council property where an old couple lived for maybe 20-25 years, around 2 years ago the old man died, and so around 6 months ago his wife decided to move into a small bungalow, the house had a nice garden, patio, rockery etc, and the house was well decked out and the lady after meeting the new owners (another oldish couple) even left a load of nice furniture that she couldn't fit in the new bungalow, So basicly the couple that moved in barely had to do a thing,

Now 6 months on the new couple have decided to split up, so the man has gone into a nursing home and the woman has decided to move closer to her family, But before she moves she has made it her mission to totally strip the house and garden of literally everything, with shady characters turning up at all hours of the day and night to rip carpets out, pull the patio slabs up, take shrubs out of the garden, dig out the rockery and even go up ladders to remove the aerial and satelite dish that the original couple had put up years ago, even the old couples stairlift that the council put in for them has been sold. The woman has flogged everything that isn't tied down and the house has gone from a nice property that didn't need any work to a shell that will need loads of work before anyone can move in, Before the old man died he was out in his garden everyday keeping it in pristine condition, (he even died in his garden), now he'd be turning in his grave if he could see it now.

I'm just shocked at how someone can have the nerve to do that, really annoyed by it all

^^ thats awful!! Kinda what the people that lived here before us did, they literally took *everything*. Assured us they had no intention of doing so and when we moved in on the 16th of December (13 years ago lol) they had taken carpets... curtains and even the curtain rails.... even the flipping doornobs for goodness sake.

Thought we had got over all the grief from them (they shut their cats in a bedroom with no litter tray too! urgh) but one of our toilets stopped working and we had plumber come out and he asked where our manhole cover was outside... ermmm???? turns out the idiots didnt like the look of the manhole cover so pulled it up, covered the open drain with some plastic sheeting and mud and then paved over it...

Cant believe it held up at least 13 years but the mud and plastic (though not slab) had caved in and blocked the drain (it was seriously vile!!!!) :sick:

Common sense fail :rolleyes:

My upstairs neighbors.
Their cigarette smoke drifts into my apartment through the bathroom-ceiling-ventilation-thing.
Their dogs are constantly barking.
The yard smells like dog mess everyday.

bb4057e1362f1fdf4b2a91ed3405da8c-d4dsoig.png

Can't wait 'till they move out.

Not really one for ranting, but it truly amazes me what some low life people will do for a bit of money,

The house next door is a council property where an old couple lived for maybe 20-25 years, around 2 years ago the old man died, and so around 6 months ago his wife decided to move into a small bungalow, the house had a nice garden, patio, rockery etc, and the house was well decked out and the lady after meeting the new owners (another oldish couple) even left a load of nice furniture that she couldn't fit in the new bungalow, So basicly the couple that moved in barely had to do a thing,

Now 6 months on the new couple have decided to split up, so the man has gone into a nursing home and the woman has decided to move closer to her family, But before she moves she has made it her mission to totally strip the house and garden of literally everything, with shady characters turning up at all hours of the day and night to rip carpets out, pull the patio slabs up, take shrubs out of the garden, dig out the rockery and even go up ladders to remove the aerial and satelite dish that the original couple had put up years ago, even the old couples stairlift that the council put in for them has been sold. The woman has flogged everything that isn't tied down and the house has gone from a nice property that didn't need any work to a shell that will need loads of work before anyone can move in, Before the old man died he was out in his garden everyday keeping it in pristine condition, (he even died in his garden), now he'd be turning in his grave if he could see it now.

I'm just shocked at how someone can have the nerve to do that, really annoyed by it all
Low life's. should be put down at birth!

I want to rant... or maybe just cry...

I'm so stuffed... I didnt think first Uni courses would be so difficult :(

I havent finished my essay yet that was technically due in two weeks ago tomorrow (though have until the 18th oct), I have another ssay to do by the 18th AND my online assesment and then just to top it up, my course pack for my next course has turned up!

The book is nearly as thick as the yellow pages :-( only the Yellow Pages looks far more enthralling to read. I dont like sociology... thats why im struggling so much with this essay...

But have to get sociology side of it out of the way to do my BSc (hons) Psychology. But now I dont even think im going to be able to do it :(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :-(

My rant is simple and it is this:

I've been a member for a while. I have come and gone depending on what involvement level school has required of me and if I was keeping fish at the moment. I will state this:
I'm hurt that the forum was simply sold. You can't sell people. You can't sell friendships. You can sell personal experience that is freely given.
I also do not agree with the "going ons" that has come about. I'm not naming names or placing blame on any one person/company
Simply stated, this forum has been here for me when I needed help, needed advice, needed someone to talk to, or just needed a friend. Unfortunately, I can't be here for the forum.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back