Anyone Want To Rant? About Anything? I Do.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, I took a wee break from the forum, come back and it seems to have all changed, bickering etc. Won't ask as to what has happened as I don't really want 100 telling me all different versions. Maybe I should go again....

Pour yourself a cuppa and have a browse. Plenty of reading for you. Hopefully things will settle down again soon.

The word 'bored'
. There is no such emotion as boredom is there?

Boredom is a well defined emotion, or state. like, Happy, Sad or Anger.
its also been observed in "lower order" animals too. so there is no doubt about its existence..

that's not to say it isn't over used.
my pet hate is brats, (adult and minor) that are "bored" . because they are too lazy, to do anything but play video games or sit in front of a PC/TV.
and seem to think its someone else's job to entertain them.

Well, I took a wee break from the forum, come back and it seems to have all changed, bickering etc. Won't ask as to what has happened as I don't really want 100 telling me all different versions. Maybe I should go again....

I had taken a break too, and I feel the same. I browse now and again, but the few times I've replied to a topic I seem to get some snarky responses. I'll just keep laying low.
confused.gif

Well its been a while since I have posted in this topic but just had to have a whinge now.

New neighbours have moved in next door to the house that the owners where unable to sell, the new neighbors are renting...not a huge issue I know but the yard is not fully fenced and the dog they have is a bull arab x pigging type dog. The poor dog is being kept tied up around a moster junk pile that is a combination of the owners and the new renters stuff. Came home from shopping to find the dog is barking its head of howling and whimpering and has now tangled itself all up around the junk pile.

Normally I would go and rescue a dog in that prediciment but it literally only moved in yesterday and from what I have observed of it already it is a fearful dog. So tangled up dog with no way of escape plus fear aggressive makes me weary.

The only other choices I have for this dog is to ring the local animal pound/ control but I know our council rangers dont work weekends :grr: , so that leaves the RSPCA that has only one officer for a region that would equate to a small country :sly: . Why do these things always have to happen on a Sunday afternoon?

Did the same....stopped coming on here 6 years ago after the other big bust up (and because we moved house and had to sell the reef tank) but now have a new tank so logged back in to drama again.

Seems to be the same old thing and i'm sorry to say the forum is nothing like it used to be. I was lucky enough to get the advice I needed for the new tank setup so probably won't be very active in a few weeks (said that last time though :rolleyes: ) which is sad considering when I joined I ended up spending most nights on here helping out where I could and having a bit of banter and it pushed me to research and learn lots about fishkeeping (especially marines).

Such is the nature of forums I guess :/

When something is offered for sale on here.... you make an offer.... seller makes a counter offer.... and someone else comes in and buys it from under you feet before you get a chance to reply to the counter offer.

BAD MANNERS if you ask me, on both their parts!! :angry:

I had taken a break too, and I feel the same. I browse now and again, but the few times I've replied to a topic I seem to get some snarky responses. I'll just keep laying low.
confused.gif
I feel the same way about the snarky responses....had one of those today..

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here. I have a bit of a rant of my own... my therapist that doesn't take me seriously because I'm in middle school! Both me and my mom have noticed that I have symptoms of BPD (maybe even schizophrenia), but he shrugs it off as stress from school! :shout:

Well its been a while since I have posted in this topic but just had to have a whinge now.

New neighbours have moved in next door to the house that the owners where unable to sell, the new neighbors are renting...not a huge issue I know but the yard is not fully fenced and the dog they have is a bull arab x pigging type dog. The poor dog is being kept tied up around a moster junk pile that is a combination of the owners and the new renters stuff. Came home from shopping to find the dog is barking its head of howling and whimpering and has now tangled itself all up around the junk pile.

Normally I would go and rescue a dog in that prediciment but it literally only moved in yesterday and from what I have observed of it already it is a fearful dog. So tangled up dog with no way of escape plus fear aggressive makes me weary.

The only other choices I have for this dog is to ring the local animal pound/ control but I know our council rangers dont work weekends :grr: , so that leaves the RSPCA that has only one officer for a region that would equate to a small country :sly: . Why do these things always have to happen on a Sunday afternoon?

The RSPCA are useless in my experience. We had an injured feral cat living in our back yard in London, that needed vet attention, and the RSPCA basically said "bring the cat to us". I replied that if I could catch the cat then I could just take it to the vet, but the RSPCA have all those animal traps you put out with bait in to catch skittish animals. You see them on TV shows ALL THE TIME. They refused to send a man with a trap round and declared they were not interested then.

Probably been said before but still.....

People new to fishkeeping and those moving to a different genre (tropical to marine for instance) who ask questions without doing any research themselves, get answers then go and do whatever they want to regardless of the advice.....and then come back asking why things haven't worked out :whistle:

confused.gif

You are a good poster though, don't let the riff raff chase you away.............people need good advice.

My pet peeve is posters who are so full of themselves that they talk down to folks just asking simple questions................are we all here to help or not? No need to make newbie feel unwanted right?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back