Anyone Used Aquamanta Efx 1000U ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well we went to a petshop yesterday to buy only one thing, some bird wormer. The other half had got me some but ended up getting the only brand our usual petshop had in which cant be used on Gouldians. So as we where going to be in Gladstone I thought might as well see if the sister shop down there had the wormer I needed. Lucky for me they did. Unlucky for the other half they also had some filters we hadn't seen in our local shops. They also happened to have the Aquamanta on special so after some umming and ahhing we got one to put on one of our tanks. The filter actually has a bigger volume of water it can filter than our current AquaOne canister filter but is a bit like a TARDIS in that its actually marginally smaller in size than the AquaOne. The Aquamanta also has a self priming feature (love that idea) and a UV light which I suspect we will generally leave turned off.
The Aquamanta is now seeding (cycling) along side the HOB filter that it will eventually be replacing.
Just wondered if anyone else had used this brand of filter and if they had found any dramas related to it.

I have heard some good things about this filter, yet their are always drawbacks. Usually increased Watt usage or the noise it could create(humming, buzzing etc)

I currently have a thread open on how im disappointed with their ability to remove 'fines'

I don't find them too noisy. Not fussed over extra wattage.

I am running one of these filters and also a EFX 1000, on separate tanks.  They've both been running for a couple of years with minimal maintenance and are doing fine.  

Although I commented on Rodders thread about the issue of not removing fine particles from the water column, this problem is with the two EFX 400's I have running elsewhere.  Those filters have also been running for a few years without a problem, aside from this issue with fines.  

The EFX 1000/s are running on different set ups to the EFX 400's so that might be the reason for the difference in handling fines, I couldn't say.  Great filters, not had any other issues with them and I find them easy to clean,

Good to know, for now it seems to be quiet running and has already made the tank that tends to look murky clear already. But keep in mind this is running in conjunction with the tanks current HOB filter.

I have a 200 and a 1200.  The 1200 is excellent and leaves the water crystal clear.  I'm very impressed with this so far.  The 200 wasn't a great filter and is currently my spare in case of failure elsewhere.

Most reactions

Back