Anyone tried Frizyme7 for nitrite spikes?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

FishHobby99

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Iā€™m seeing more nitrite than Iā€™d like in the new 90 G tank. Others params good. Came across YouTube series where they all love Fritzyme7, rich in BB, for ammonia & nitrite spikes. Anyone here like it?
A6E1ECF3-07AC-438A-8AFC-F551A4553C7C.jpeg

Sorry, it's not one that I've heard of. Just do water changes until it is zero. If your tank is partially cycled it will already have some nitrifying bacteria. Once they catch up with the bio-load you can do less water changes.

Sorry, it's not one that I've heard of. Just do water changes until it is zero. If your tank is partially cycled it will already have some nitrifying bacteria. Once they catch up with the bio-load you can do less water changes.
Agreed...no need for it...another "snake oil" in the hobby, to make $...proper cycling negates even considering such products...IMO

A properly cycled and maintained tank will have no nitrItes, or nitrite "spikes"

Last edited:
I had a bottle of the tetra version when i started hobby. Quickly decided pointless - but more recently I did use it every water change just to get rid of the damn stuff... I partly blame trusting the lying test strips telling me I was at 0.25ppm.... my theory is the JBL app does that to make you buy the JBL version of the snake oil

it isn't a complete "snake oil"
IME it has worked before
of course, it doesn't instantly cycle a tank, but it can be useful in emergencies

Iā€™m not sure on the Fritz brand but I am quite sceptical of these products the one I have heard good things about though is a brand called Colony which is a marine brand but their fresh water products have a really good reputation from what I have heard.

Wills

Iā€™m not sure on the Fritz brand but I am quite sceptical of these products the one I have heard good things about though is a brand called Colony which is a marine brand but their fresh water products have a really good reputation from what I have heard.

Wills
Never heard of colony lol šŸ˜‚

donā€™t you love diversity over monopoly brands lol

Fritz products tend to be potent..measure out exact, do not just dump in by cap or drops. Try to get as accurate as possibly.

I havenā€™t tried that bottle. I tried their declorinator.

They have a rep you can call. They can help you with questions or even you can send them a water sample if you like.

Last edited:
it isn't a complete "snake oil"
IME it has worked before
of course, it doesn't instantly cycle a tank, but it can be useful in emergencies
Curious what emergency situations it can be used for? I have an unused bottle and wondering how I might utilize it in the future. Also, Iā€™m new to the hobby. Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back