Anyone play airsoft here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ok, I was wrong. I found an adapter rail for it. So I ordered that and a red dot sight. Now we wait.

The kids were playing with oobleck earlier and after they were done I decided to see if it would stop my BBs. I ended up shooting it about 25 times total and only two made it all the way through the oobleck and the bowl. Why did I do this? Why not?

Edit: My wife said she wanted an AEG for herself, so I just ordered a CYMA CM028 RIS. Now we'll have both an M4 and an AK.

Last edited:
Ughhh... I HATE it when carry handles/front/rear sights canā€™t be removed. :rolleyes:

ā€”ā€”

So, hehe, sort of at a hurtle.

Ive been thinking a lot of what I want to get as far as airsoft goes. I know for a fact I want to get a good airsoft rifle, just havenā€™t decided if I want an AEG or a sniper rifle...

AEG pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Most of them are high-cap, meaning you can have up to 450 bbs in one magazine at a time
  • Fast firing rate. Most sniper are extremely slow
  • Easier to wield. Most AGEā€™s are shorter barrels
Cons:
  • Range isnā€™t that good. Even though the AEG Iā€™ve been looking at has over 450 FPS, the sniper rifle still beats it by a mile.
  • Wastes a lot of bbā€™s when shooting high-caps
Sniper Rifle:

Pros:
  • Very accurate.
  • Great range.
  • Could help me practice for my further career.
  • Doesnā€™t waste that many bbā€™s
Cons:
  • Slow firing rate.
  • Very long, not that easy to wield.
ā€”ā€”-

As you can see, there are pros and cons to both.

The AEG would technically be more helpful in the kind of airsoft I play, but thatā€™s not really what a sniper does. (Although they do use M4ā€™s from time to time)

Sniper Rifle: https://us.novritsch.com/product/novritsch-ssg10-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

Model: Novritsch SSG10
Cost: $400 (Rifle, scope, left hand conversion kit)

AEG: https://www.eliteforceairsoft.com/vfc-avalon-calibur-carbine-6mm-black

Model: Elite Force Avalon
Cost: $350-400

ā€”ā€”ā€”

As you can see, I may or may not be saving any either way I go. Thoughts?

@Flushable Pets

Ughhh... I HATE it when carry handles/front/rear sights canā€™t be removed. :rolleyes:

ā€”ā€”

So, hehe, sort of at a hurtle.

Ive been thinking a lot of what I want to get as far as airsoft goes. I know for a fact I want to get a good airsoft rifle, just havenā€™t decided if I want an AEG or a sniper rifle...

AEG pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Most of them are high-cap, meaning you can have up to 450 bbs in one magazine at a time
  • Fast firing rate. Most sniper are extremely slow
  • Easier to wield. Most AGEā€™s are shorter barrels
Cons:
  • Range isnā€™t that good. Even though the AEG Iā€™ve been looking at has over 450 FPS, the sniper rifle still beats it by a mile.
  • Wastes a lot of bbā€™s when shooting high-caps
Sniper Rifle:

Pros:
  • Very accurate.
  • Great range.
  • Could help me practice for my further career.
  • Doesnā€™t waste that many bbā€™s
Cons:
  • Slow firing rate.
  • Very long, not that easy to wield.
ā€”ā€”-

As you can see, there are pros and cons to both.

The AEG would technically be more helpful in the kind of airsoft I play, but thatā€™s not really what a sniper does. (Although they do use M4ā€™s from time to time)

Sniper Rifle: https://us.novritsch.com/product/novritsch-ssg10-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

Model: Novritsch SSG10
Cost: $400 (Rifle, scope, left hand conversion kit)

AEG: https://www.eliteforceairsoft.com/vfc-avalon-calibur-carbine-6mm-black

Model: Elite Force Avalon
Cost: $350-400

ā€”ā€”ā€”

As you can see, I may or may not be saving any either way I go. Thoughts?

@Flushable Pets

Think about where you'll be playing and the field rules. Think about your personal skill sets and limitations. FPS isn't everything and pretty much every field will have joule limits and MEDs. From everything I've read, an OTB sniper rifle generally isn't any more accurate than a decent AEG or DMR. Will you, realistically, be taking many shots that exceed the MED for a sniper rifle?

Sniping seems like the coolest position, but if you think about all the skills required and the discipline needed to achieve them, it might be prudent to focus on the basics first.

As far as range an accuracy, no airsoft is as accurate as real steel. Let's face it, you're shooting lightweight plastic BBs through a smooth bore. Not exactly a recipe for accuracy or distance. Hop up and hold over is your friend when it comes to shooting long distances.

Even on large outdoor fields, most shots are going to be fairly close range. Both of our AEGs have no problem hitting a human sized target at 200ft if we do our part. That's pretty far in airsoft terms. 100 yard shots, even with sniper rifles, are pretty rare.

If it were me, I'd go for an AEG. You can do 90% of what a designated sniper rifle can do, whereas a sniper rifle can only do 10% of what an AEG can do.

That said, I got a new toy as well! A Lancer Tactical IU-AK47M (Lancer Tactical branded CYMA CM028). I put red dots on both my wife's M4 and my AK. I'll have to downgrade springs in both to play at our local fields. Both shoot quite hot.

20210109_120502.jpg

Think about where you'll be playing and the field rules. Think about your personal skill sets and limitations. FPS isn't everything and pretty much every field will have joule limits and MEDs. From everything I've read, an OTB sniper rifle generally isn't any more accurate than a decent AEG or DMR. Will you, realistically, be taking many shots that exceed the MED for a sniper rifle?

Sniping seems like the coolest position, but if you think about all the skills required and the discipline needed to achieve them, it might be prudent to focus on the basics first.

As far as range an accuracy, no airsoft is as accurate as real steel. Let's face it, you're shooting lightweight plastic BBs through a smooth bore. Not exactly a recipe for accuracy or distance. Hop up and hold over is your friend when it comes to shooting long distances.

Even on large outdoor fields, most shots are going to be fairly close range. Both of our AEGs have no problem hitting a human sized target at 200ft if we do our part. That's pretty far in airsoft terms. 100 yard shots, even with sniper rifles, are pretty rare.

If it were me, I'd go for an AEG. You can do 90% of what a designated sniper rifle can do, whereas a sniper rifle can only do 10% of what an AEG can do.

That said, I got a new toy as well! A Lancer Tactical IU-AK47M (Lancer Tactical branded CYMA CM028). I put red dots on both my wife's M4 and my AK. I'll have to downgrade springs in both to play at our local fields. Both shoot quite hot.

View attachment 127879
You make a very good point. As much as I would love to get a SSG10, the Avalon seems better for a beginner for high end airsoft rifles for me.

I found this one on eBay and itā€™s upgraded: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Airsoft-VF...629084?hash=item23ed08c05c:g:rsMAAOSw1cBgCYOn

I could offer $300 and see what happens. I have an upgraded gear box and programmable bursts and such. Looks like huh?

After I get a feel for the rifle, I can add a red dot or a scope.

Thoughts on this?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Apparently the Avalon is out of stock EVERYWHERE. On Amazon, evike, fox airsoft, etc. :rolleyes:

Ok... so a pretty unexpected turn.

The seller for the Novritsch SSG10 just offered me $50, which is totally fair for everything he has done with that thing. I added all of it up, and the whole thing is worth over $700. So not only was he selling it for $650, he is now selling it for $200 less than whatā€™s it worth.

I talk to my parents tonight about it.

We were featured in an unboxing video by up and coming airsoft YouTuber c7viper! We were the last unboxing. My wife drew the pictures and I made the sauces and origami.

We were featured in an unboxing video by up and coming airsoft YouTuber c7viper! We were the last unboxing. My wife drew the pictures and I made the sauces and origami.

Thatā€™s awesome man! Iā€™ll have to watch that video. :good:

(Did you see post #143?)

Thatā€™s awesome man! Iā€™ll have to watch that video. :good:

(Did you see post #143?)

I didn't until now. I posted that when woke up to use the bathroom. I'm up now. Lol.

So give me some details on the SSG-10. I'm guessing it is the A2 version? What spring? Accessories? I'm too frugal for anything that fancy.

I didn't until now. I posted that when woke up to use the bathroom. I'm up now. Lol.

So give me some details on the SSG-10. I'm guessing it is the A2 version? What spring? Accessories? I'm too frugal for anything that fancy.
Yes, so the A2 version has ā€œcooler stuffā€. It has a weighted stock, so it feels like a live firearm, a cheek rest, enlarged bolt, adjustable butt, etc.

Is it worth the extra $200 than the A1? IMO, no.

This is what the seller posted, for all the upgrades:

ā€œThis is a Novritsch SSG10 (A1) Upgraded Sniper rifle. This was initially bought direct from Novritsch, and then upgraded by me. It has only seen light use plinking in the backyard, and no actual games (due to covid). I have decided that I will never actually use this in game as it does not fit my playstyle, and would be better off in the hands of someone who will use and abuse it (and it can handle abuse, just look up any real review on this thing).

First upgrade as seen in the pictures is the rattlecan paint job, custom style done by me, help blend into most any environment. Secondly, I took the rifle apart, and filled the stock with acoustic foam so that there is no rattle of parts, or unnecessary vibrations when firing helping create a super quiet shot. To assist in the quieting of shooting, I replaced the stock outer barrel with the short outer barrel, while keeping the stock, long inner barrel. The rest of the barrel is covered by the suppressor adaptor and suppressor (both by Novritsch). This keeps the overall length of the rifle shorter, making it easier to move around, but also seems to be quieter than using the short inner barrel and suppressor combo. Acoustic foam is placed around the inner barrel in gaps between the barrel spacer and ends of the outer barrel, again for further sound absorption and vibration reduction. Finally the last upgrades I did were to wrap the spring guide in aluminum tape, keeping it and the spring tight in place, smoothing bolt pull, reducing vibration and sound, and adding some sorbothane pads to the cylinder head, providing both sound and shock reduction. All coming together to make a smooth, far and quiet shooting experience. With eye protection on I stood 50 feet away from a friend who shot at a target 250 feet away, all I could hear was the zip of the BB above my head and the impact of the BB on the target a second later.

The scope is an Aimsports XPF, 1-4x24mm Low Powered Variable Optic (LPVO). It is lightweight, has an illuminated reticle, and is first focal plane (FFP). This means the reticle will change size with zooming in and out, but the measurements will remain the same (important if you actually use the reticle to measure distance to target). I have also attached a vortex bubble level ("anti-cant device") to make sure shots are level before firing, ensuring ultimate accuracy.

I also added on the Magazine holder (and adaptor), as well as a stock pouch. Besides looking cool, this also serves the practical purpose of carrying extra magazines on the gun itself. No need to carry the mags in a pocket or pouch on your person and waste time slowing down your reloads, the mags are just a few inches away from where they need to go. This means, one mag in the rifle being used, one in the magazine holder, and two in the stock pouch. Each mag holds 28 BB's, which means 112 rounds on the rifle itself, more than enough for any game, and easy to access.

The total package includes;
-The SSG10 (A1) Upgraded (2.8J measured with 0.46g bb/500FPS measured with 0.2g bb)
-Magazine holder, and mag holder adaptor
-Rifle stock pouch
-Short grooved outer barrel (installed)
-Stock, long outer barrel With orange tip cover (not installed)
-SSG10 Suppressor adaptor
-Novritsch Suppressor
-AimSports XPF 1-4x24mm FFP Scope
-Vortex bubble level
-SSG10 Magazines (4 magazines total)
-Scope covers
-original manual
-the extra screw is for the body if not using the magazine holder

This will be shipped in the original box from Novritsch, that is broken. On the left hand side there is a crack in the case, but has not and does not cause any damage to the rifle or parts. The crack is from me dropping it empty on my floor, and is pictured above.

The rifle can easily reach out to 250 feet accurately (make sure to use heavy BB's, I only used 0.46g BB's with this rifle, lighter BB's may result in lesser accuracy). My intention was to make this rifle as maneuverable, quiet, and practical as possible to try and better suit my playstyle, which I think I more than accomplished, I just cannot get used to a bolt action rifle for play, and this excellent rifle will better serve with someone who can show it the love it deserves.ā€

I added all of it up, and it came out to around $700 - he sent me an offer for $500, but my parents are still deciding.

Looks great huh?

(The A1 is the basic VSR-10 style platform. The A2 is literally just more expensive because it looks cooler. Although I would like to have that adjustable cheek rest... ;))

2.8J?! Umm, yeah, if you shoot me with that I will accuse you of burning my patch. I have 600 good reasons why you shouldn't do that. I'll explain 12 of them every second. ;)

2.8J?! Umm, yeah, if you shoot me with that I will accuse you of burning my patch. I have 600 good reasons why you shouldn't do that. I'll explain 12 of them every second. ;)
LOL!

Well, they said yes, and my order is placed. I sure hope itā€™s worth it. Iā€™ll post picture as soon as I get it! (The guy is located in Ohio, so it shouldnā€™t take that long to get here)

LOL!

Well, they said yes, and my order is placed. I sure hope itā€™s worth it. Iā€™ll post picture as soon as I get it! (The guy is located in Ohio, so it shouldnā€™t take that long to get here)
Awesome! We're gonna need a full review once you get it.

Heads up if it was sent USPS, it might take a while. It took over two weeks and filing a claim to get a package from just across the border in Pennsylvania sent Priority. Over two weeks and a claim to get to Maryland sent Priority. Three weeks and two claims from Illinois. UPS and FedEx have been reliable recently.

Most reactions

trending

Back