Anyone play airsoft here?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I'd love to play. It's been a good 15 years since my last game. My kids love watching airsoft videos, but they aren't quite old enough to play at a legitimate field yet. I've been debating on getting our daughter an inexpensive AEG for Christmas. She is 6 and very mature, so she would pick up the basics in no time. Our son is 3 and a hellion, so it'll be a few years for him. My only concern about taking her to an actual game is her age and I don't want to see a bunch of older kids and adults destroy her. Too many people will take advantage of her age and inexperience. She wouldn't stand a chance in an actual game unless it was kids only. But I think now is a good time to get her used to shooting and learning the rules.

We've come to enjoy Youtubers like Kickingmustang, Silo Entertainment and Duncan The Hooligan. It's satisfying watching them call out cheaters who don't call their hits. As far as I'm concerned, in a legitimate game, especially Milsim, if you refuse to call your obvious hits, I have no issue with someone whacking you in the forehead with a hot sniper rifle shooting .46g BBs. You won't be able to ignore that one. The flinch cracks me up everytime.

Never have done air soft before but I use to have a friend group where we would throw crab apples at each other for fun, if you got hit and started crying we would all seize fire and temporarily kidnap the person into a little fort we had in the woods so all of are parents wouldn’t yell at us. I had to come up with a lot of excuses for how I got random bruises

I'd love to play. It's been a good 15 years since my last game. My kids love watching airsoft videos, but they aren't quite old enough to play at a legitimate field yet. I've been debating on getting our daughter an inexpensive AEG for Christmas. She is 6 and very mature, so she would pick up the basics in no time. Our son is 3 and a hellion, so it'll be a few years for him. My only concern about taking her to an actual game is her age and I don't want to see a bunch of older kids and adults destroy her. Too many people will take advantage of her age and inexperience. She wouldn't stand a chance in an actual game unless it was kids only. But I think now is a good time to get her used to shooting and learning the rules.

We've come to enjoy Youtubers like Kickingmustang, Silo Entertainment and Duncan The Hooligan. It's satisfying watching them call out cheaters who don't call their hits. As far as I'm concerned, in a legitimate game, especially Milsim, if you refuse to call your obvious hits, I have no issue with someone whacking you in the forehead with a hot sniper rifle shooting .46g BBs. You won't be able to ignore that one. The flinch cracks me up everytime.
Ah, good ole' Silo. Ever seen Novritsch? He's my favorite. His line of airsoft weapons are sooo good. I drool every time I see an SSG24. :drool:

Yes, i love the flinch, lol!

I am putting a Action Army T11 Sniper Rifle on my Christmas list. (After a Fluval Flex of course...;)) It's a pre upgraded VSR10 essentially, except better of course. I wanted one with an easy left hand conversion kit, because I am left eye dominant but right handed. The kit that I would need to get has a saw, that I would literally have to cut out the metal on the left side. it's a bit weird...

Ah, good ole' Silo. Ever seen Novritsch? He's my favorite. His line of airsoft weapons are sooo good. I drool every time I see an SSG24. :drool:

Yes, i love the flinch, lol!

I am putting a Action Army T11 Sniper Rifle on my Christmas list. (After a Fluval Flex of course...;)) It's a pre upgraded VSR10 essentially, except better of course. I wanted one with an easy left hand conversion kit, because I am left eye dominant but right handed. The kit that I would need to get has a saw, that I would literally have to cut out the metal on the left side. it's a bit weird...

I like Novritsch as well. I was actually looking at his stuff earlier. To get our daughter started, I'll probably go for a Walmart Special or two. Then go from there. To a 6 year old it will still seem like a tricked out Polarstar.

Growing up hunting, I'd like to fancy myself as a sniper, but that's a demanding job that takes a lot of skill and patience. Have you seen Kickingmustang's ghillie suits? Unreal!

Have you watched any of Duncan's videos? He swaps from left to right handed like it's nothing. Silo does it too.

That's not full auto. THIS is... Hahaha!

Last edited:
I like Novritsch as well. I was actually looking at his stuff earlier. To get our daughter started, I'll probably go for a Walmart Special or two. Then go from there. To a 6 year old it will still seem like a tricked out Polarstar.

Growing up hunting, I'd like to fancy myself as a sniper, but that's a demanding job that takes a lot of skill and patience. Have you seen Kickingmustang's ghillie suits? Unreal!

Have you watched any of Duncan's videos? He swaps from left to right handed like it's nothing. Silo does it too.

That's not full auto. THIS is... Hahaha!

I have actually not seen any of Kickingmustangs videos! Yes, I love ghillie suits. They work so well. I like Novritchs ghillie "hood", because it allows for more movement, unlike an actual ghillie suit that it kinda stiff and constricting

Yes, cheap rifles are better for beginners than the more high end rifles. Once she gets a little older or better, Lancer Tactical makes some pretty good AEG's for not that much.

I want to be a sniper in real life (Navy SEAL's), so airsoft is a great place to start IMO. Here is the one I would get: Action Army T11 Full Length Airsoft Sniper Rifle | Fox Airsoft | Low Prices & Free Shipping It's really good straight out of the box, so I wouldn't have to do that much upgrading, although it is VSR10 upgradeable.

Definitely check out Kickingmustang if you like Silo and Novritsch. Next level sniping skills. I'd never want to be an his opposing team.

One thing that makes me cringe in those videos are some of the abandoned factories and castles they play at. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome locations, but my father died of mesothelioma and you know asbestos is everywhere in those buildings. Nooooo thank you!

After some thought, I'm in a quandary.

On one hand, I can get two low powered "Walmart Specials" for +/- $100 (one for her and I), but they are very cheaply made, no useful features like adjustable sights and will probably die in no time. However, we could practice together and they wouldn't be too painful.

On the other hand, for the same price I could get a single Lancer Tactical or CYMA that will last a while and will have adjustable sights, better quality and could be used in an actual game (I'd have to replace the spring because they are actually bit hot for local fields). This seems like it would be better in the long run.

If I go for the Lancer Tactical or CYMA, the real question is M4 or AK? I'm leaning towards an AK because everyone and their dog has an M4. Plus, if I ever used it myself for a game, I could go full geek since I speak Russian as well. :lol:

After some thought, I'm in a quandary.

On one hand, I can get two low powered "Walmart Specials" for +/- $100 (one for her and I), but they are very cheaply made, no useful features like adjustable sights and will probably die in no time. However, we could practice together and they wouldn't be too painful.

On the other hand, for the same price I could get a single Lancer Tactical or CYMA that will last a while and will have adjustable sights, better quality and could be used in an actual game (I'd have to replace the spring because they are actually bit hot for local fields). This seems like it would be better in the long run.

If I go for the Lancer Tactical or CYMA, the real question is M4 or AK? I'm leaning towards an AK because everyone and their dog has an M4. Plus, if I ever used it myself for a game, I could go full geek since I speak Russian as well. :lol:
I would get a Lancer. i made the mistake of getting a super cheap M4 and it's garbage.

This is a really nice one: Amazon.com: Lancer Tactical Airsoft M4 SD GEN 2 Polymer AEG - TAN

My friend has it. It has a solid construction and is super accurate. Also has high-cap magazines. (The cheapo I got doesn't even have high-caps. :rolleyes:)

You can't go wrong with Lancer Tactical. All their stuff is good.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would get a Lancer. i made the mistake of getting a super cheap M4 and it's garbage.

This is a really nice one: Amazon.com: Lancer Tactical Airsoft M4 SD GEN 2 Polymer AEG - TAN

My friend has it. It has a solid construction and is super accurate. Also has high-cap magazines. (The cheapo I got doesn't even have high-caps. :rolleyes:)

You can't go wrong with Lancer Tactical. All their stuff is good.

I've heard nothing but good about Lancer Tactical and CYMA. I wish they offered lower powered models, though. Both models I'm looking at were chronographed at around 380fps with .2g BBs stock, so they are too hot for our local fields without mods. I wonder what that would do to a can or bottle. We'll find out. :ninja:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've heard nothing but good about Lancer Tactical and CYMA. I wish they offered lower powered models, though. Both models I'm looking at were chronographed at around 380fps with .2g BBs stock, so they are too hot for our local fields without mods. I wonder what that would do to a can or bottle. We'll find out. :ninja:
YES! They are all very high powered and sting pretty bad.

I would take a sniper over an AEG though. Can't wait until I have enough saved up for one! :angel:

YES! They are all very high powered and sting pretty bad.

I would take a sniper over an AEG though. Can't wait until I have enough saved up for one! :angel:

I went with one of Lancer Tactical M4s. It was $96, but if you spent $99, you'd get free shipping, so I added about a gazillion .2g biodegradable BBs to the order for a grand total of $109.20. Comes with 9.6v NiMH battery and charger, 300rd mag, adjustable hop up, adjustable stock and Gen 2 internals. Seeing them shred a cardboard box filled with packing peanuts and then run it over with a pickup and it still firing sold me.

Saoirse is going to have a spaz attack when it gets here. Up until now she has only ever shot her pink Red Ryder BB gun and she has an off brand spring powered "nerf" gun. We actually played with the nerf gun for a couple hours yesterday hunting her brother's toy dinosaurs around the house. I can't wait to see her reaction to full auto. I'm going to get her a full mask at Walmart just in case of a ricochet while practicing.

I did find a couple LPAEG on their website, but $150+ without a battery/charger was more than I wanted to spend right now.

I went with one of Lancer Tactical M4s. It was $96, but if you spent $99, you'd get free shipping, so I added about a gazillion .2g biodegradable BBs to the order for a grand total of $109.20. Comes with 9.6v NiMH battery and charger, 300rd mag, adjustable hop up, adjustable stock and Gen 2 internals. Seeing them shred a cardboard box filled with packing peanuts and then run it over with a pickup and it still firing sold me.

Saoirse is going to have a spaz attack when it gets here. Up until now she has only ever shot her pink Red Ryder BB gun and she has an off brand spring powered "nerf" gun. We actually played with the nerf gun for a couple hours yesterday hunting her brother's toy dinosaurs around the house. I can't wait to see her reaction to full auto. I'm going to get her a full mask at Walmart just in case of a ricochet while practicing.

I did find a couple LPAEG on their website, but $150+ without a battery/charger was more than I wanted to spend right now.
Awesome man! Would love to see photos. :good:

Airsoft....pffttt

Laser tag is better, you don’t get hurt...right?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back