Anyone know what type of gourami I have?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
It's whole body is a dark beautiful blue and he has red stripes going up his body. They look like flames. It's not a neon dwarf or dwarf because he has no silvery color on him at all. He is amazing. Totally blue and bright red!

he could be a blue paradise or a giant gourami..

heres some pics

Blue Paradies
p_89818.jpg

only males will have the long fins like in the pic

Giant (there actually small like dwarfs only get to 4 inches but mine is only 2 and 1/2)
p_89810.jpg

Most are more colorful then this its a bad pic

Hope that helps!!

Nope not a paradise, I was going to buy one though...

OMG THAT'S HIM!!!! :D Giant gourami. But he looks more flamy (is that a word?) than that pic. Did you get those off of drsfostersmith.com?

:kana: Nope. I have a neon blue dwarf gourami. Not the same. I said at the beginning that it's not a dwarf gourami. I found what kind he is. The giant gourami. Like the pic up there.

Yea i got it off of liveaquaria.com which is the same company as fostersmith. The giant gourami is a great fish and i know you will be happy with him/her. I have had mine for a long time now and i love him to death. He is very active and so colorfull. He is one of my favorite gouramis along with the paradise. My giant gourami truly is giant. he is bigger than there supposed max size of about 4" mine is about 5". He swims along side of my Oscar most of the time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back