Anyone know if I can use contact paper as a background?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Can I use contact paper as an aquarium background? It is supposedly waterproof. I was thinking cut to size and stuck to the inside of the tank, but if that isn’t safe I can tape it to the outside.

Inside a tank, even if the surface is waterproof, the edges won't be and it'll swiftly deteriorate and leach ink into the water.
Stuck to the outside is the way to go.
Ok, definitely going to stick it to the outside! Thank you

Ok, definitely going to stick it to the outside! Thank you
If you have the money, it might be worth considering a purpose-built 3D background, that'll live inside the tank.
I got one when I bought my 20+ gallon and, besides looking good, it provides a surface for beneficial bacteria and algae. (My bristlenose is rarely off it).
This was when he was little.;

DSCN3851.JPG

If you have the money, it might be worth considering a purpose-built 3D background, that'll live inside the tank.
I got one when I bought my 20+ gallon and, besides looking good, it provides a surface for beneficial bacteria and algae. (My bristlenose is rarely off it).
This was when he was little.;

View attachment 146947
I have considered it! I have had a hard time finding one I like online, and don’t trust myself to build one myself. I suppose I could try and if it didn’t work, all I lost was some styrofoam and a couple hours of my time…

I have considered it! I have had a hard time finding one I like online, and don’t trust myself to build one myself. I suppose I could try and if it didn’t work, all I lost was some styrofoam and a couple hours of my time…
Examples of what we can get from Amazon UK here.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey :)
No, as long as it's not specifically meant to be immersed.
There are many posters you can stick on the outside.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back