Anyone Into The Footy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dragonscales

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I thought that since the AFL season started last week I'd start a thread to see if anyone here watches it, who they barrack for, etc, etc. I know there ain't too many other Aussies on here, but we do have a few, gotta be a couple out there who follow Aussie Rules.

I personally follow Geelong, I've yet to see them win a Grand Final in my time, but who knows? With the thumping they gave Brissy last week they might be on the way to the Premiership this year (fingers crossed anyhow).

is this austrailan rules football as it's know here?

i love it! don't support a team just love it love good fun with mates aswel it's on SKY sports quite alot aswel so i often watch it.

:good:

Yep, that'd be the one - 4 sticks at each end of an oval field, an oblong shaped ball and more goals per game than most soccer teams score in an entire season :lol: :thumbs:

Thought this thread was well and truly dead in the water due to a severe lack of Aussies on here :lol:

I spent two months in Australia, looking for somewhere to live! I still intend to move out there when i've got the finance. Anyway, I love the country (my fav. place in the world!!) While I was out there it was approaching the end of the season, I spent some time in Victoria and Queensland so I got to see quite a lot of AFL on the tele - I LOVE IT!! It's really exciting! I watched Geelong quite a lot! The best thing I loved about the game was the commetary!! They where mad!!

It's a great game!

- I notice you live in Ballart!! I've been there! Spent two days there looking at the gold town and the museum's! It's a great place. I love that town that they have re-created to show what it was like in the gold mining days - fantastic!

your right about the comparison on how many goals are scored.

i love the way they can hit that perfect kick to the other player at the other end of the pitch and the other player catch it and score. just great to watch it.

Footy is good fun, and IMO, quite alot more exciting than Soccer, but I guess that stems from where you were born. They are amazing, like you said jayjay, at how accurate and precise they can be with handballs and kicks. They show alot of skill. The footy tipping contests are always awsome! :D I do ok in those! Im not a die hard footy fan though!

i know i am going to start some arguements here but oh well!

well i think that AFL is for pussys!!!go NRL!! i play NRL even though its only 13's but its still fun as!

well i am sitting here after a game being very sore because i ran at the most biggest frowards in the game :lol:

jamie :)

NRL = rugby ... sorry normally i just call it rugby union or rugby league

rugby union is another good game, i like playing it for the school and with friends etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back