Anyone heard of Dwarf Platys before?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GuppyFan

Reaction score
Was at Petsmart today checking out the selection when I happened upon what looked like young Platys. Turns out they were labeled as "Dwarf Sunset Platy" They were too cool to resist, especially at only $0.89 apiece. Searched the forums but there are no mention of them. Has anyone else seen these before and if so, do you know anything about them?

-Mike

Never heard of them....sounds like young ones to me too.

jump

I have never heard of these before and maby they are just young ones. there could be dawrfs because there are alot of bifferent kinds of livebarers now a days

I see them all the time here. They are called "Dwarf Coral Platy" most of the time and don't get to 2". I think 1.5" is about the biggest.

Pretty little things :)

I saw dwarf platies a few weeks ago, they're adorable. They're about the size of my half grown fry. :p I actually think they stay smaller than 1.5", but I am not sure. Anyways, they're man made for those who don't know, so if you don't support that, avoid em. :unsure:

I have a sunset platy and she is considerably smaller than my adult red platies....that said she has successfully given birth to 2 batces of fry so far and hasn't grown since I got her...I guess she could be dwarf!!

DAMM....if only they had "dwarf" platies here....that would mean I could have more in my tank (as if 10 isn't enough!!)

Sounds like coral platys to me, too, and I love 'em. Don't currently have any but am always on the lookout for some, haven't seen any in a while ( well, actually, did see some, but didn't look to be good stock). Ones that I had before started out in my community tank (10 years ago), beautiful little fish, swam around the tank with attitude, they looked good and they knew it. Very prolific, also, got lots of babies from that one pair, and gave birth frequently. Enjoy!!!!!! 8)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back