Anyone Have A Wii?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nukeonekitty

Knowledge talks while wisdom listens.
Reaction score
Took me forever to find it, but I got a Wii two days ago, very fun console. Anyone else using it?

had one since xmas i love it :D

No, but my friend has one. The multi-player games are fun.

I'll probably buy one in a few months. I was going to wait to play Twilight Princess until I got one but couldn't stand the suspense so I played it on my GCN instead. I'll definitely have a Wii when Metroid comes out.

I can't get past the name, couldn't they have thought of anything better?

I can't imagine going in to the store and telling the assistant that I want a wii.

my friends got a wii its wicked. i love the boxing,well the sports. has anyone played redsteel the controllers are well hard

I can't imagine going in to the store and telling the assistant that I want a wii.
It's simply named Wii because of the fact that everyone can play... hence "Wii" would like to play. I guess the two lower case 'i' are suppose to symbolize two people playing next to one another? I want the Zelda game and Metroid. I also am pumped for Mario Party 8 and I am looking forward to downloading some games off Wii shop. How much memory does the Wii have?

Disregard last question.

It's simply named Wii because of the fact that everyone can play... hence "Wii" would like to play. I guess the two lower case 'i' are suppose to symbolize two people playing next to one another? I want the Zelda game and Metroid. I also am pumped for Mario Party 8 and I am looking forward to downloading some games off Wii shop. How much memory does the Wii have?

Disregard last question.

Nukeone is correct. The Nintendo people said.. "Wii sounds like 'we', which emphasizes that the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii"

Also, the two ii's are supposed to resemble two people standing side by side, representing players gathering together, as well as to represent the console's controllers.

Squid

I wasn't too sure if I really wanted one, but after hearing so many positive words about it I wanted one. That, and the fact that my girlfriend will actually play with me... plus, you can't beat the price. PS3 and Xbox360 may have the graphics, but as far as fun, I would say that Wii takes the cake. I was pleasantly shocked by the graphics the Wii actually has. The console is way worth every penny!

:lol: I thought having the missus join in would be good too until I realised that all that she'll have a crack at is Wii sports (bowling and tennis are her favs).

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the occasional go at it but I prefer to sink my teeth into something a bit more meatier most of the time and that's where the missus goes back to being a casual gamer who will have a bash at the odd fighting/racing/sport game once in a while and leave it at that. So until I finally get around to getting a Wi-Fi dongle and getting the thing online, my gaming time reverts back to "johnny no friends" atm.

I bought Toe jam and earl off of wii shop... i felt a need for a classic, i still want to get the classic controllers so i can get dk adventure and mario 64. My gf actually wants to try some sweet games, she wants to get mario party 8 when it comes out.

I don't have one, but my friend does, and it's great fun! There was around 6 of us at his house one night, and we ended up playing all night!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back