Anyone From Liverpool/merseyside

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

goodgollyblackmolly

Reaction score
Anyone no of any decent places to buy fish in liverpool/merseyside.... looking for sumwhere were they have a wide selection of fish and are reliable and honest..???

i;M FROM OVER THE WATER IN Wirral mate

Andys Aquatics is good in Bhead, if not I would go to Pier in Wigan not too far away

ye a few people have said about the place in wigan .. the best place weve got for variety is proberly on lister drive.. but every fish i get from there dies or is diseased..thanks for ya help .

In Liverpool itself,

Wavertree Nook is decent,
Smithdown Aquatics used to be good, havent been for a while, although might try and pop in next week.

Maghull has

Maidenhead Aquatics (Sefton) and Neptune Aquatics, just across the road from each other.

Close to Warrington there is,

Maidenhead Aquatics (Bold heath) and another one just down the same road, cant remember the name.

There are a couple of others as well, but they might be a bit too far to travel. Probably same travelling time as it takes to get to pier aquatics.

Hope that helps.

am from wirral and you also got water world on the chester high road

I went in there last week, its a shocking fish shop in my opinion. terrible choice, extremely expensive and the fish don;t even look in great health, however the Marines look fantastic :good:

never really bought fish or anything from there but there price promise means i can collect what i want at internet prices.

if you take a print off of lets say a fluval 405 from a internet shop (not ebay) they will match that price as long as the shop in question has it in stock!

so when i bought my 305 they were seling them for £165 i think but i toook at print off from seapets and got it for £82 lol

Two fish stores in Liverpool that I find to be favourites of mine, are..

Hillfoot Aquaria - Located in Hunts Cross
&
The Nook - Sitting comfortably in Wavertree

Both stores are very clean and helpful. The tanks are always crystal-clear and have a wide range of stock. Including Freshwater/Marine/Live Plants/Tanks, and other accessories that you need :good:

To add..Water World, that is stationing in the good old Wirral - Neston.
This store is massive! categorizing in my favourite list :good:

I went in there last week, its a shocking fish shop in my opinion. terrible choice, extremely expensive and the fish don;t even look in great health, however the Marines look fantastic :good:

That's because the guy that looks after the marines is a real expert, he has total passion for coral last I knew he was running things like O3 generators and having a wave machine or something silly like that on his coral only tank. I know this because I err... worked there lol, not been since I walked out the job.

The rest of the place is quite expensive and you'll end up paying premium prices for basic items. The employees know there stuff and I never really saw anything bad happen and to be fair on my boss he did keep the place running like clock work however he was just a total.... *beep beep beeeeeeep* lol.

never really bought fish or anything from there but there price promise means i can collect what i want at internet prices.

if you take a print off of lets say a fluval 405 from a internet shop (not ebay) they will match that price as long as the shop in question has it in stock!

so when i bought my 305 they were seling them for £165 i think but i toook at print off from seapets and got it for £82 lol

^ That's what I mean by premium, though compared to Andys aquatics who wanted £110 for a Fluval 205 and said they would do it for £100 I walked out and got it for £50 from Aquakoi. They all try to get away with it and most of them do. Though I remember being told about this price promise guarantee thing when I worked there, I guess it's a great deal because it means you don't have to pay for P&P....

I wouldn't mind going back to check out the marines but I can't really face the music of going in.

For Wirral/Liverpool/surrounding areas...

My opinion...

The Best...

Andy's Aquatics (Birkenhead).
Maidenhead Aquatics (Sefton).
Maidenhead Aquatics (Widnes).

The Good...

Poulton Aquatics (Poluton, Wirral)
Neptune Aquatics (Sefton - literally over the road from Maidenhead).
Abyss Aquatics (Stockport - but staff rude, very expensive, awesome shop though).
BurleyDam Garden Centre (South Wirral).

The OK...

Carr Farm (Meols, Wirral) - nice, honest, knowledgable staff, but fish selection very poor).
Waterworld (Wirral) - avoid for coldwater and tropical fish, marine and pond fish good, expensive.
Maidenhead Aquatics (Stockport) - poor compared to other Maidenheads.

Hi Newbie from Liverpool

I found most private local fish shops actually quite unfriendly especially was we had a small child with us, I guess they thought we thought we were tyre kicking.

But by far the best, friendly and seemed to have a decent level of knowledge where the Maidenhead aquatics. They were more than happy to do water level checks for us and offered plenty of advice regarding the fish.

The one at sefton meadows near maghull has a large selection of fish at would be my first choice, the one at bold heath near rainhill on the a57 although larger and again very friendly but the beginner just did not look as nice although they had an amazing large tropical tank.

Both are in garden centers so are well used to people to having a look around.

I work in a garden center just up the road from Maidenhead aquatics in Widnes- where World of Water is. Does anyone have anything to say about them? I'm curious because I got my fish from there- excluding my siamese fighter from the Maidenhead aquatics at Sefton (I'm living in the center of Liverpool at the moment!) and whilst I found their staff to be really lovely and helpful, part of me is wondering if that's just because I work there.

I've also found that Maidenhead aquatics doesn't seem to stock Zebra Danios? Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. I also had help from a lovely lady in the Maidenhead Aquatics in Widnes, choosing my tank for my siamese fighter.

The guys at World of Water let me take back a dead goldfish too, (who'd swallowed a stone) after his guarantee period was up.

Any opinions on anything closer to the center of Liverpool at all? Or will I need to make a trip out to the sticks every time I want something?

Rivendell in Widnes is a good shop :) and there is another one just up the road but I cant remember the name.

I bought a fish from Water World (Wirral) and the fish that was put on the counter wasnt out of the tank :S. I think they have other tanks stored in the back.

also check out North Wales Aquarists Society, they have a lot of members breeding a lot of different fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back