anyone familiar with this?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snar

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone here own a "Marineland Eclipse Filtration and Illumination System" The 25 gallon tank I'm purchasing comes with that and I was wondering if there are any openings on it to add a heater and another small filter?

you know its one of those hoods with the light and bio wheel filter built in right in the hood.....no one has them?

I am looking after one of those kinds of tanks. There is room on the left at the back of the hood for a heater. And the only way another filter could be added is if was some sort of internal one; undergravel or air bubbler filter. If you are buying it new I would reconsider- I hate the tank because you have to work with the filter that it gives you and I personally do not think that it works well.

Someone also mentioned on here a while back about a hood that only had one plug for both the lights and filter so you couldn't put it on a timer for the lights because when the timer cut the light off, it also cut the filter off. I DO NOT know if that was this one or not. I looked into these (to go on my existing 29 gallon) but decided not to get it because of what I had heard about them.

Well, the Eclipse that I have does have separate plugs for it's filter and light. I have the florescent light on a timer right now.

They must have been talking about something else then.

Snar
I heard they were a pain in the butt. To be honest my friends husband said" he would rather throw the F***ing thing out the damn window than work with that S*** thing ever again. But I personally have no other knowledge. But I didn't buy one! lol

Most reactions

trending

Back