Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

anyone familiar with this?

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by snar, Mar 15, 2005.

1. snar

snar Member

Does anyone here own a "Marineland Eclipse Filtration and Illumination System" The 25 gallon tank I'm purchasing comes with that and I was wondering if there are any openings on it to add a heater and another small filter?

2. snar

snar Member

you know its one of those hoods with the light and bio wheel filter built in right in the hood.....no one has them?

3. Fish Buddy

Fish Buddy Member

I am looking after one of those kinds of tanks. There is room on the left at the back of the hood for a heater. And the only way another filter could be added is if was some sort of internal one; undergravel or air bubbler filter. If you are buying it new I would reconsider- I hate the tank because you have to work with the filter that it gives you and I personally do not think that it works well.

4. rdd1952

rdd1952 Swim with the Fishes
    Retired Moderator

Someone also mentioned on here a while back about a hood that only had one plug for both the lights and filter so you couldn't put it on a timer for the lights because when the timer cut the light off, it also cut the filter off. I DO NOT know if that was this one or not. I looked into these (to go on my existing 29 gallon) but decided not to get it because of what I had heard about them.

5. Fish Buddy

Fish Buddy Member

Well, the Eclipse that I have does have separate plugs for it's filter and light. I have the florescent light on a timer right now.

6. rdd1952

rdd1952 Swim with the Fishes
    Retired Moderator

They must have been talking about something else then.

7. smb7676

smb7676 Member

Snar
    I heard they were a pain in the butt. To be honest my friends husband said" he would rather throw the F***ing thing out the damn window than work with that S*** thing ever again. But I personally have no other knowledge. But I didn't buy one! lol