Anyone else…?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BluewaterBoof

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
…have fish that do things that make you chuckle?

I took a moment to look over at my office tank and found my betta, Odin, just staring at me like this.

8744AC17-AB3C-45BE-9A0C-93CA70B50B45.jpg

Just wiggled his way into that spot and was just relaxing.

animated-smileys-hello-26.gif

My Betta interacted with me for food (obviously) and also for its bed : its preferences went to Anubias leaves and Ceratophyllum 'foxtail' of which I made bouquets that I stuck between two stones. He enjoyed its flat tank with all the mod cons:lol:

My mollies are funny when I put something new in the tank or move things. They seem to line themselves up like riot police egging one of them to go closer. Eventually one will move in, cautiously investigate and report back before they all come and look. Makes me chuckle everytime. Sometimes one will shake it's head as if they're saying no no no I don't like it (this made me panic at first thinking they had the shimmies but it's just a few minutes at the the new plant or rock).
And my tetras who guard any caves I make. They really look like they're on security duty. Every Cave has one at the entrance. After a while another one will come up behind to take over at the shift change and the first one will move on 🤣
Ppl who say fish are dumb or have no personalities really don't know what they're talking about. My fish amuse me sooo much with their antics and quirks.
Great post.👍🏼

The funniest thing I’ve seen is what I thought to be a dead tetra. Bottom of the tank curled a bit, gentle being moved with the current of the tank. I went for the net and realised it was gone. Had a look around and saw it being chased by 2 male tetra. It was playing dead. I’m used to this behaviour now but I cracked up when I realised it was playing dead so they would buggar off

My pleco sleeps upside down under a piece of wood and there has been many times I have had to prod him to make sure he was still alive. He is a BN and we have some of his offspring and they all do the same. The "mom" has never done this, nor have the super reds we bought...
This is Ghost, sorry for the grainy pic.
IMG_20191025_222201969.jpg

Most reactions

Back