The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
the website just shut down for like 10 mins...
anyone else have this problem?
sorry i couldnt get the screenshot...

probably doing a shut down/ restart. it happens every 24 hours and is used to keep the system running properly.

probably doing a shut down/ restart. it happens every 24 hours and is used to keep the system running properly.
oh wow, first time i've run into it

Once upon a time it happened every day between 08.10 and 08.20 my time. It's the system backing up and usually happens at the same time every day. Check at the same time for a few days to see if it happens again and if it does, it's the system backing up. If it doesn't it was a glitch.

I provide website hosting on Linux systems and it is definitely not a standard thing for a system to restart every 24 hours. Any potential slow downs in a web server can be limited by limiting the swap partition space on the drive and setting resource limits In PHP.

It sounds a lot like the server ran out of memory due to something intensive like a backup in progress.

I provide website hosting on Linux systems and it is definitely not a standard thing for a system to restart every 24 hours. Any potential slow downs in a web server can be limited by limiting the swap partition space on the drive and setting resource limits In PHP.

It sounds a lot like the server ran out of memory due to something intensive like a backup in progress.
yes it happened yesterday too at about the same time, guess ill be expecting that a

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back