Anyone else like to cook?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I like sweet and savory but I don't like it too sweet (sometimes).
I love waffles, pancakes, crepes. But I also like someone the omelets and things on the savory side.
Yikes I should stop thinking about foods now... My stomach hurts

Talking about cooking with my son, he loves to experiment with main courses. I don't, I just cook whatever meat and veg we want the quickest way possible.
But I used to enjoy cooking cakes and sticky desserts. I don't do that nowadays. I'm diet controlled diabetic so no cakes or sticky desserts for me (or chocolate 😢) My husband prefers shop bought cakes and never liked sticky desserts o_O. And my children are grown up with their own homes.

It's 22 years since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I'm still diet controlled so not eating sweet things must be doing some good.

I would rather just get it over with lol.
I prefer savory over sweet breakfasts.
Did you know that in Scotland, oatmeal is traditionally a savory dish? Try it with buttermilk or sour cream and a little salt and pepper, similar to how grits is served in the southern US. Even melt a little sharp cheddar into it. It takes a little taste-bud adjustment, since we're all used to oatmeal swimming in sugar. But it's really good once you get the idea.

And oat cakes with cheese? mmmmmmmm

Did you know that in Scotland, oatmeal is traditionally a savory dish? Try it with buttermilk or sour cream and a little salt and pepper, similar to how grits is served in the southern US. Even melt a little sharp cheddar into it. It takes a little taste-bud adjustment, since we're all used to oatmeal swimming in sugar. But it's really good once you get the idea.

And oat cakes with cheese? mmmmmmmm
I like Scottish oat cakes with peanut butter and stewed strawberries. mmmmmm

Haitian food night at Casa Badger! Black beans and rice, fried plantain, and Haitian-style stewed chicken (the last of our home-grown chicken, no less), all smothered in sos ti malise (Haitian red sauce) and washed down with a papaya smoothy! Yum. Or should I say bon gou! No pikliz, though. 😢 My girls don't like spicy foods, and just smelling that stuff will melt your face off. I love it, but compromises can be made.
IMG_7760.jpg

Aw man... Your kids don't like spicy stuff? Well that's no fun... Or is it? 😏
You can do little pranks now lol

I haven't had in years but anyone like cream of wheat? If you don't know what it is it is sort of a wheat based grits. I'm gonna have to get some. Actually I always liked the stuff more than oatmeal.

LOL! Thinking grits a roomie I had for many years when living in Florida was from Boston and had zero clue as to what grits are. She went to breakfast with some friends and the waitress asked her if she wanted grits as a side. She said she didn't know if she liked and asked if she could just have one to try... ;) Apparently everyone within hearing in the restaurant was busting a gut laughing. This was before we had even met but I sure wish I could have been there to see. :)

I love it when my dad makes cream of wheat. He puts just a little vanilla in there and it tastes amazing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back