Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, that’s a big thing especially with younger people. They have phones and it’s just habit to look at it. I don’t have a phone, so I rely on my watch. :whistle:
Is that a bad thing to have a phone? Phones are a convenient way to make calls when you have an emergency or just want to contact someone. A watch can't do that. Another convenient way that I use my phone is when I'm at my LFS researching a fish that I never kept and might be interested in keeping. Also, there are older people that use smartphones, so it's not just young people. It almost sounds like you're against phones or any form of technology.

Is that a bad thing to have a phone? Phones are a convenient way to make calls when you have an emergency or want to call someone. A watch can't do that. Another convenient way that I use my phone is when I'm at my LFS researching a fish that I never kept and might be interested in keeping. Also, there are older people that use smart phones, so it's not just young people.
This old lady uses a Smart phone. :). I live on it!

I do still wear a watch because, as mentioned, they are jewelry. I have a watch and earrings on everyday. It dresses up even a pair of jeans. Now, that goes for us older women. Not speaking for the younger generations. :)
Both my grandmas wear watches on a daily basis but they both have phones. Even older gentlemen I see going out in public, usually have watches even though they have phones. It must be an older generation thing? :huh: :dunno:

I do still wear a watch because, as mentioned, they are jewelry. I have a watch and earrings on everyday. It dresses up even a pair of jeans. Now, that goes for us older women. Not speaking for the younger generations. :)
I'd agree with that statement! I personally dont own jewellry, so if I wanted to look dressed up I'd actually have to dress up! :p

Both my grandmas wear watches on a daily basis but they both have phones. Even older gentlemen I see going out in public, usually have watches even though they have phones. It must be an older generation thing? :huh: :dunno:
Both my sons wear them. Of course, they’re late 20’s and early 30’s. Wait, my grandson asked me for one last year. He was 14 at the time. My sons wear Tags for dress and IPhone watches daily.

Is that a bad thing to have a phone? Phones are a convenient way to make calls when you have an emergency or just want to contact someone. A watch can't do that. Another convenient way that I use my phone is when I'm at my LFS researching a fish that I never kept and might be interested in keeping. Also, there are older people that use smart phones, so it's not just young people.
I never said having a phone was a bad thing. Never said that at all...

I was simply saying that because of the fact that I don’t have a phone (because I can’t get one until I’m 16) I rely on my watch to tell the time, and that because of the fact that most of the kids these days have phones they don’t wear watches.

I agree that phones are really helpful. Man, I wish I had one!

Both my sons wear them. Of course, they’re late 20’s and early 30’s. Wait, my grandson asked me for one last year. He was 14 at the time. My sons wear Tags for dress and IPhone watches daily.
Do you have an Apple Watch? I guess people say they are really good. They are expensive though. I would be afraid to crack that huge screen. :unsure:

Do you have an Apple Watch? I guess people say they are really good. They are expensive though. I would be afraid to crack that huge screen. :unsure:
No, I have my phone on me 24/7. My grand daughters are 14, 14, (twins) and 15. They wear them though and carry a phone. I just don’t get it. :dunno:

No, I have my phone on me 24/7. My grand daughters are 14, 14, (twins) and 15. They wear them though and carry a phone. I just don’t get it. :dunno:
Eh, it is sorta complicated. It’s like, “You have a phone in your pocket, why do you need a second phone on your wrist?”

And then they say, “Well, it’s more convenient”. Er... not $300+ more convenient!o_O

You can answer texts and calls and change music and such. I don’t really get it either...

This is
image.jpg
E90F9237-6C27-4A67-8DA9-A6D6999B836E.jpeg
s my everyday watch. Good old Fossil. Lol!

I never said having a phone was a bad thing. Never said that at all...

I was simply saying that because of the fact that I don’t have a phone (because I can’t get one until I’m 16) I rely on my watch to tell the time, and that because of the fact that most of the kids these days have phones they don’t wear watches.

I agree that phones are really helpful. Man, I wish I had one!
But you made it sound like it's a bad thing, like kids these days are so prone to technology and not something else.

My grandson just informed me that he wears a G Shock. 19 years old, $140. He informed me that this discussion is ridiculous because we are comparing a $140 watch with a $10,000 watch. Said his G Shock can’t hold a candle to a Rolex. Just repeating my grandson, Caleb. I know nothing!

For some people that don't have excess money to spend, it all comes down to the question....what is the main purpose of a watch ? ....TO TELL TIME. For those people, a $20 quartz watch will fill that purpose. It will keep time as good or even better than a mechanical movement by Rolex etc.

Secondary is STYLE....you may have to pay more to get a good looking watch in a style that you like.

Thirdly is investment...that's where a watch like a Rolex, Patek Philipe, Breitling , or equivalent collectible watch come in if you have the money to spend. You hope it goes up in value or perhaps you want to pass it down to the next generation in your family.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back