Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I used to picture everyone on the internet as male, but as female representation has increased, I try to do a better job of telling whose who. I'm female if that isn't obvious yet :D

Calm down everybody please. Every forums the same when watches get mentioned!

Some watches are worth more than the initial cost when the owner gets bored with them or needs the money. I wish everything I’d ever bought escalated in value.

Other watches are worth next to nothing before the council have even taken the packaging away no matter what their initial cost. Useful only as timepieces.

There’s only one extravagant scenario there.

Yes! I am a boy. Most people picture me as older though... ;)

Yeah. I certainly wouldn't have thought you were 15. Judging by my comments, how old would you say I am?

talk about BLING...you can either have a nice car or this rolex watch.
Just $25,000 and it can be yours!
ROLEX
s-l1600.jpg
I'll take the watch! :p
I’ve always said that Rolexes are the point where watches cease being watches but become jewellery as well. Mens I’m talking about.
In a way, but it's just more of a collector's item rather than jewellery.
Sorry. I still think it's extravagant
I'd have to agree with Deanasue here. It's extremely extravagant, yes. But being more extravagant does not define you as a greedy person.
LOL. :rofl:

I agree that Rolex’s are just jewelry. They aren’t even that functional. I would be afraid to wear it anywhere, without breaking it. :unsure:
They are very functional.....there's a reason why they gained the popularity to even gain such prices in the first place....
I never said, and was never, insulting your personal Rolex. I just personally think that Rolex’s are over rated and are just jewelry. I think as far as durability goes, G-Shock is superior. Maybe for show or good events, then yes a Rolex would be more appropriate.
While you could make an argument that a G-Shock could be more worth it's price, how would you know that it's more durable? Have you had one? Rolexes are incredibly durable, as Deanasue has stated. They were designed to be "tool watches" and functional, and later became a luxury brand.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Haha noooooo!
I suppose that's a compliment though.
I'm 19. Basically 20
It is a compliment! Most teanagers around that age would be typing like: “Hey yo bruh, wass gud mann?” :rofl:

While you could make an argument that a G-Shock could be more worth it's price, how would you know that it's more durable? Have you had one? Rolexes are incredibly durable, as Deanasue has stated. They were designed to be "tool watches" and functional, and later became a luxury brand.
No, I have never had a Rolex. I do realize that Rolex’s can last longer than G-Shocks, because of the way they are made.

For example: If both watches were in a fire. The G-Shock would obviously melt much faster than Rolex’s, because Rolex’s usually are made from metal, (platinum, gold, stainless steel) while its opponent is usually made of plastic/silicone.

But for day to day dropping, in the mud, in the river, showering, etc. G-Shock is superior. Could Rolex’s survive all of that? Yes, they could, but not as well as G-Shocks. Would you take your Rolex outside and crawl around in the mud? Go for a swim in a pool with it? Go crawl in a cave with a 1.5ft ceiling?

So all in all, Rolex’s can last longer, if cared for properly only because of its good time keeping and because it’s not digital. But for day to day abuse, G-Shocks will get you through life, without breaking the bank...

Edit: Just wanted to add another thing.

The only real comparison you can make, is the crystal. Rolex’s have sapphire crystal, that’s a well known fact. G-Shocks usually have mineral crystal, which is still better than plastic, but not as good as sapphire.

With a sapphire crystal, it’s super easy to buff out any scratches. (Which, here again, indicates the user actually cares about it looking good)

For me? No. My watch is a tool. It does even look that good. After about 8 months of brutal use, it only has a very small scratch in the top right corner.

Most G-Shocks have a rubber bezel that protects the crystal from getting scratched.

I have crawled through a narrow cave, through mud, water, shower, dropped, stepped on, worn it in cold weather, snow, etc.

I trust this thing.

(https://gizmodo.com/why-a-10-casio-keeps-better-time-than-a-10-000-rolex-5983427)

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back