Any ‘Watch’ People Here?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
$$ It's like having the equivalent of a nice car on your wrist $$ :lol:

If you want a watch that's robust and relatively good loving and is real military issue look at cwc........G-Shock are just proof on how good marketing inflates prices.
I have a Garmin on my wrist right now and when I dived I wore my dive computer as a watch.
Not one of these 'scuba watches' that are only called such as they have a rotating bezel and are rated to 20atm.
You pay for what you get - quality.

“Actual” military watches? There are no such thing... they don’t issue watches any more in the US military at least.

A lot of military personal wear G-Shocks while others just wear cheap plastic watches because they don’t get payed that well.

I got two one set to daylight savings time the is not. So I recently started warring the old one . The new one is now attached to a lamp shade about 4 inches away from a led light. That keeps the battery charged hen I am not using it. If the battery discharges it may fail. That happened on my old watch. So out of the 2 eco drive watches I own I have only replaced 1 battery in 15 years.
Can you not just set it each time? (For daylight savings time)

Are there any apple watch wearers out there?
:sick:

Pretty much every single person I see in Walmart, lol. Always looking down at their wrist, changing music and texting and whatnot. :no:

I wear a Fossill daily but I actually have a Rolex with a diamond string on the face and a diamond bezel. It’s on a two tone band. I’ll get my hubbie to get it out of the safe later so I can take a pic. My hubbie bought it for me. I’ve had it quite a while and wear it very little any longer. Use to wear it daily until I retired. Now I’m afraid I’ll get hit over the head if I wear it out. We keep them (hubby has one too) in a box winder that rotates back and forth to Wind them and keep them running.

Edited with pic: View attachment 122907l
Niceeee!

I’m after an ultra thin watch myself. Too many bulky ones around at the moment. You’ve gotta swim against the tide.
What about this one? I was looking at it the other day: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6C2HJZ/?tag=ff0d01-20

Good reviews, ultra thin, and has a mess band.

Big fan of the rolex!

Not a watch person, but I do have an interest for luxury goods so this caught my eye :p! If I were to buy a watch, I'd wait until my finances could agree with me buying a Rolex or such :p. I do know for one that Rolex watches are seen as an investment, but personally those aren't my favorite lol.

Possibly if I were to look for a watch for personal everyday use, maybe the Hermes Apple Watch? Not such a staggering price, something I could save up for (though the second-hand market does have watches such as Rolexes for a lower price).
*When your watch costs more than you car*

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Both the us and british military still issue watches, made by the lowest bidder.........but you just live in your little bubble.
My bad - they do issue watches still, but only for special forces.

“but the one issued specifically by the Navy SEALs is the G-Shock DW-6600.”

I personally, love Seiko. Best watches I’ve ever owned.

Last edited:
Let's break it down then, shall we ;) :

The two watches I mentioned in my post: The Hermes Apple Watch and a Rolex. The Hermes Apple Watch costs around 1,249-1,499 USD, which is definitely less than a car, considering you aren't buying a used car. Rolexes will (obviously) vary, starting from 5k, but I do know that the commonly bought ones may be 8-12k (could be less if you buy second-hand). Whilst that is quite the amount of money, looking at the average price of a car, I can see that the average price of a car sold in the US is around 36k USD (though obviously there will be a large range in prices). So looking at those numbers, no, the watches I mentioned would not cost more than a car.

I'd rather have a nice car AND a time telling, very accurate, and never need to wind Citizen's Ecodrive watch or a Seiko than one premium priced Rolex. But if I were the rapper 50 Cents, I'd buy both!

Here’s my minimalistic Skagen titanium watch from Denmark. . It’s thin and light but the crystal can break very easily. Nice looking watch. I no longer wear it as the crystal broke.
70C15929-5DA4-41F2-B243-5FBD4736CF66.jpeg

My Rolex was less than $4,000 even adding the bezel and diamond string. We did buy it second hand which is the only way to buy one. This was my 2nd one but much nicer than the first. The first was stainless steel, no diamonds for around $1500.00. So they are affordable if you buy second hand from a reputable jeweler.

:sick:

Pretty much every single person I see in Walmart, lol. Always looking down at their wrist, changing music and texting and whatnot. :no:

Niceeee!

What about this one? I was looking at it the other day: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6C2HJZ/?tag=ff0d01-20

Good reviews, ultra thin, and has a mess band.

Yeah. That sort of thing. I like the skagens from Denmark. Just can’t decide which one.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have had 2 Skagens and both crystals broke. They are the only watches I've ever had where crystals broke by either dropping or accidentally knocking against an object. I will not buy another one for that reason. Nice looking watches though.

Last edited:
I have had 2 Skagens and broke crystals broke. They are the only watches I've ever had where crystals broke by either dropping or accidentally knocking against an object. I will not buy another one for that reason. Nice looking watches though.
Acrylic crystals are extremely cheap and break/scratch easily. Here is a little blip I found on it:

"The covering of the watch dial. Acrylic, mineral, and sapphire are the three types of crystals commonly used in watches. Acrylic crystal is an inexpensive plastic that allows shallow scratches to be buffed out. Mineral crystal is composed of several elements that are heat-treated to create an unusual hardness that helps resist scratches. Sapphire is the most expensive and durable crystal, approximately three times harder than mineral crystals and 20 times harder than acrylic crystals."

My GD350 has a Mineral face. I have worn it every single day for almost a year now and it only has one tiny little scratch. But other than that, the face looks brand new. (Thanks to the material and the bezel)

I'll upload pictures of my cheapy's tomorrow, and show you the difference. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back