Any suggestions for low light plants that grow tall?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cryptocoryne usteriana. Once established, it does not require high light. Grows very tall, bending over 5-6 inches in 21” high tank. Colonizes bottom (runners) readily.

Jungle Vals, Vallisneria americana, though listed as a moderate light plant from what I have seen seem to grow pretty well under lower light. It will easily grow over 25" but then floats along the surface where it can be trimmed to the length you want. I have some with leaves over 60" on the ones I haven't trimmed. Some websites suggests that the plant will adjust to the height of the tank, but I have never seen that happen.

Actually, before making suggestions it should be asked what other features you are looking for in the plant, shelter for fish, consumption of ammonia, color, or perhaps you are after a "look" to the tank with some plants that work with your hardscape.

Actually, before making suggestions it should be asked what other features you are looking for in the plant, shelter for fish, consumption of ammonia, color, or perhaps you are after a "look" to the tank with some plants that work with your hardscape.
I’m really just trying to fill in some blank space in a hexagonal tank, and give the fish some structure.

Most reactions

Back