Any Pleco Breeders Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
This question encompasses professional breeders, hobbyist breeders or accidental breeders. Tell me your experience with breeding plecos!

One day I'd love to breed zebra plecos... Sounds like a big investment though. And a big gamble.

I'm currently trying to breed super red brittleness plecos. I have two males and two females. One of the males and one of the females have bred in the shop (I saw it with my own eyes and a week later I bought them). The other two are still young. I have 3 caves (pleocs breed in caves) and a lot of driftwood in my tank, I feed them fresh veggies as often as I can (3 times per week) and algae wafers. I got these fish less then a month ago so no breeding yet but hopefully it happens soon. Today I did a massive cold water change and apparently this can encourage breeding because plecos breed in the rainy season.

The truth is that I don't really have a lot of experience but I did do a lot of research and I'm currently trying to breed them.

Hope this helps

I'm currently trying to breed super red brittleness plecos. I have two males and two females. One of the males and one of the females have bred in the shop (I saw it with my own eyes and a week later I bought them). The other two are still young. I have 3 caves (pleocs breed in caves) and a lot of driftwood in my tank, I feed them fresh veggies as often as I can (3 times per week) and algae wafers. I got these fish less then a month ago so no breeding yet but hopefully it happens soon. Today I did a massive cold water change and apparently this can encourage breeding because plecos breed in the rainy season.

The truth is that I don't really have a lot of experience but I did do a lot of research and I'm currently trying to breed them.

Hope this helps
Wow, they're living lavish! Do you have a journal on this yet? I'd definitely love to keep up with the progression of this journey.

No I haven't posted about this before but I'm currently raising gourami fry, and might get another batch soon, so I could start some kind of gourami/super red bp breeding project if people are interested

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back