Any one else keep mbunas?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bigroof

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just wondering any one keep mbunas here?
How you guys finding it? What do you love about them?

I have kept them for nearly 2 years. They are so entertaining. I know about the aggression and have lost some fish. I havent lost one for a long time as i got the hang of things on how to control their aggression. Just want to know any one out there that appreciate these craszy mean buggers as much as i do.

The pictures below is the tank boss. ?

Attachments

• 1BFFED48-6A2D-4F11-B650-B6D2136F5CBA.jpeg
    1BFFED48-6A2D-4F11-B650-B6D2136F5CBA.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 96
I kept them for only a short period.

They are beautiful and intelligent fish.
They are very quick swimmer and they often come to the front of the tank...
They are bold, interesting and entertaining unlike Discus that are timid and easily frightened.

I kept them for only a short period.

They are beautiful and intelligent fish.
They are very quick swimmer and they often come to the front of the tank...
They are bold, interesting and entertaining unlike Discus that are timid and easily frightened.

Yes absolutely, i love feeding them. They are always hungry. Like mini piranhas when it comes to feeding. What made you get rid of them?

Yes absolutely, i love feeding them. They are always hungry. Like mini piranhas when it comes to feeding. What made you get rid of them?

I had too many tanks in my living room at that time.
I was also focusing on Apistogrammas species and Blue Rams at that time.

Anyway, if I want to keep them now, I will need to use salt (minerals) for African fish as I have soft water from my tap.
For long term keeping, it may not be suitable to keep African fish unless I use the salt such as the Seachem Cichlid Salt.(Malawi buffer)

I had too many tanks in my living room at that time.
I was also focusing on Apistogrammas species and Blue Rams at that time.

Anyway, if I want to keep them now, I will need to use salt (minerals) for African fish as I have soft water from my tap.
For long term keeping, it may not be suitable to keep African fish unless I use the salt such as the Seachem Cichlid Salt.(Malawi buffer)

Oh im getting to that stage now with the tanks.
My water is already perfect for them so i don't need to mess with the parameters just a lot of water changes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back