Any nano fish that resemble or are related to paddlefish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Orzon Nate

Reaction score
Hi first post on the forums ever and if thisnis the wrong area to post this im sorry for that. But anyways, are there any micro types of paddlefish or any fish that resemble paddlefish and stay small? Since I dont have the space for big fish I try to get fish that resemble big fish for example half beaks look like gar but stay small. I know in general paddlefish are not common at all in the hobby but if any of you can find a fish that resembles one that would be great!

What size are you meaning by "nano"?
Nano usually refers to tiny (less than 1 inch) fish that can be kept in tanks smaller than 15 gallons :) @Byron may be able to suggest a fish

Last edited:
What size are you meaning by "nano"?
Nano usually refers to tiny (less than 1 inch) fish that can be kept in tanks smaller than 15 gallons :)
Sorry for my mistake im flexible on the size maybe something thats a few inches max and less than a foot and something that can fit in a tank thats less than 50 gallonsish

what's a paddlefish?
They are a cool native coldwater fish found in lakes and some rivers in north america I think they are also some international species too. They are sometimes used as gamefish also.
907632DA-4ADF-47DD-A338-21ACFBEE486D.jpeg

Farlowella twig cats have a similar-ish shape, nose wise. You could fit a pair in the 50gal but theyre delicate, so be sure to read up on them and their needs if theyre what you are looking for.
20200521_122309.jpg

Average 6-10 inches depending on species

I wouldnt have thought of a farlowella but good thought! Great little guys

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back