Any Miniature Tree Like Plants For Aquariums

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

festo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Seen lots of scapes on many sites,and am intrigued by small plants that
are attached to variouse shapes of wood and then trimmed to look like trees,
what are these small carpet like plants called and how difficult is it to achieve,
also is it a must to have the co2 to achieve this.
thanks

hi, i think you mean mosses. many are easy to grow and don't need co2, although they will grow faster with co2. there are many different types, and you could look up different types to see which you think are most suitable. a few examples are taiwan moss, java moss, erect moss, flame moss, christmas moss, weeping moss etc etc. make sure you get one that grows how you would like, because some weep downwards (weeping moss) and some stand straight upwards (flame moss).

HTH :good:

hi, i think you mean mosses. many are easy to grow and don't need co2, although they will grow faster with co2. there are many different types, and you could look up different types to see which you think are most suitable. a few examples are taiwan moss, java moss, erect moss, flame moss, christmas moss, weeping moss etc etc. make sure you get one that grows how you would like, because some weep downwards (weeping moss) and some stand straight upwards (flame moss).

HTH :good:
thanks alot will start looking

You are talking about Filipe Oliveira (FAAO). This thread should give you all a little inspiration. his scapes from 2005 through to last year. The 'trees' are further down but show how he has progresed through the years.

Whats missing is his starting point which was in 2003 and a standard goldfish bowl:

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/aquascaping-showcase/857-3-years-aquascaping-faao.html

AC

You are talking about Filipe Oliveira (FAAO). This thread should give you all a little inspiration. his scapes from 2005 through to last year. The 'trees' are further down but show how he has progresed through the years.

Whats missing is his starting point which was in 2003 and a standard goldfish bowl:

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/aquascaping-showcase/857-3-years-aquascaping-faao.html

AC

:drool:

Wow.

I've had very little luck with mosses (though I've only tried once), so I'm clearly no expert on the subject, but if I were to hazard a guess, I'd guess Mr. Oliveira was using christmas moss for his "trees." Anyone more knowledgeable care to correct or confirm for the benefit of the person asking the question?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back