Any Mid Swimming Killifish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rainydayz

Reaction score
I have a 40 gallon tank and I am looking for some nice colorful middle tank swimmers. I was hoping for a Killifish. I have found a few that are mid to top swimmers such as cinnamon killifish but I do not know if the source was correct and a lot of the sites I checked do not even tell me where in the tank they would swim. A few of the killifish I like are the colorful ones such as Gardneri, Blue Gularis, and luretail. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it! Thank you!!!

The Lyretail, Gardneri and similar species, I have found to be mid swimming. Also there are some nice Ricefish out there, mid swimming too.

The Lyretail, Gardneri and similar species, I have found to be mid swimming. Also there are some nice Ricefish out there, mid swimming too.

He has a Pantodon on the surface.
Which may become predatory
C

My butterlfy fish is not very big, I have guppies and tetra in my tank right not so I believe the killifish will be fine. Do you guys know if the Mamfensis Panchax Killifish is a mid swimmer. That is the most colorful one I have found.

Butterfly fish usually won't harm killies. I have kept butterflies with golden panchax just fine (just make sure the killies are fully grown if you get panchax). If you do get some killies get some that are at least 2 inches.

Butterfly fish usually won't harm killies. I have kept butterflies with golden panchax just fine (just make sure the killies are fully grown if you get panchax). If you do get some killies get some that are at least 2 inches.

Oh are your golden panchax middle swimmers! They would be perfect!

Sorry, golden panchax are top level swimmers. You may be able to have killies like gardneri. What else is in your aquarium? Otherwise blue gularis might not be a bad idea.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back