Any Ideas?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
One male platy about 2 years old. Found sitting at bottom of tank a few days ago and not eating. Placed in QT with aquarium salt and General Cure. No external signs except clamped dorsal fin. Maybe bed back to main tank yesterday as his son was stressing without him. Has remained in back corner since then, now at the top and not eating. Parameters are 0, 0, and 20. Just cleaned tank on Monday. Doing a pwc again. Kh 72.6, GH 161.1. PH. 7.5. Here’s a pic. Note: just noticed lips are a little white and not closing mouth all the way. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 200
Mouth Fungus/ Clamp Fin? I really have no idea. @Byron might be able to help you! Good luck! :)

Waiting for him or Colin to share their insight. Sometimes 2 or 3 heads are better than one. Thanks, my friend!

Well, heard nothing so spoke with my bff ( I hate to bother her all the time). I have fish in QT with medication. Fingers crossed. He is getting older and his immune system may be weakening. We’ll see how treatment goes. Fingers crossed.

Maybe bed back to main tank yesterday as his son was stressing without him.
what does that mean?

Is he pooping?

How often do you do water changes and gravel cleans and how much water do you change?
Maybe do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.

I would add salt to the tank and see how he goes. Generally when they stop eating it's pretty much over.

what does that mean?

Is he pooping?

How often do you do water changes and gravel cleans and how much water do you change?
Maybe do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.

I would add salt to the tank and see how he goes. Generally when they stop eating it's pretty much over.
It means I have fat fingers...lol! Haven’t seen him poop or eat. I think he’s old and his time has come but thanks. I do have salt in the tank and changing water daily.

What plants are floating? I’m trying to find a good floating plant for my tank.

Update on fish: Started treating with Spectogram after General Cure didn't work. Noticed lips white and not closing mouth. Started perking up about 4 hours after first treatment of Specto. Doing great, swimming and eating again! Mouth closing and lips normal.

You can dip plants in hydrogen peroxide to kill cooties. Rinse well afterwards. Good luck!
Thanks I just posted thread that explains it in more detail. It’s small bugs. The plants I got were already in rough shape.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back