Any ideas what this fish is?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Conkiewonky

Reaction score
Hi my parter has recently purchased this fish for our aquarium it was sold as a bread of Molly but was called a ā€˜Moppieā€™. It it isnā€™t like any of our other Mollyā€™s or any that I have seen before. I have googled ā€œMoppieā€ in the internet but canā€™t find any information. Can anyone help me identify what it is or have any information about this type of fish?

Attachments

• A0DCF9FA-5506-402F-8ECF-C3F9AFDE8C5A.jpeg
    A0DCF9FA-5506-402F-8ECF-C3F9AFDE8C5A.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 035ABEBA-F70B-4243-8F79-4F33BD461BB5.jpeg
    035ABEBA-F70B-4243-8F79-4F33BD461BB5.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 64
I came across this a few weeks back but now I cannot remember where and I can't seem to find it again. It was a molly crossed with another livebearer, but I cannot remember which or how.

hi we bought some of the same type of fish at petsmart and they called them ā€œpanda molliesā€
Hi my parter has recently purchased this fish for our aquarium it was sold as a bread of Molly but was called a ā€˜Moppieā€™. It it isnā€™t like any of our other Mollyā€™s or any that I have seen before. I have googled ā€œMoppieā€ in the internet but canā€™t find any information. Can anyone help me identify what it is or have any information about this type of fish?

I came across this a few weeks back but now I cannot remember where and I can't seem to find it again. It was a molly crossed with another livebearer, but I cannot remember which or how.

Thank you the fish gets on well with the others that we have, eats well and is very active so obviously happy. I just like to know as much as I can about the fish we have as am interested about learning about different species of fish. I will keep searching for information

A "moppie" is probably not the "panda molly.' The fish in the photos may well be a panda molly, not saying it isn't. The panda molly is a variety of the molly like all the various varieties that have been developed over the years. The "moppie" I believe was a very different thing, possibly an attempted cross of molly X guppy? I just can't track it down.

Molly-guppy crossed are usually called muppies or gollies. Though fish shops will make up any name they can think of.

Molly-guppy crossed are usually called muppies or gollies. Though fish shops will make up any name they can think of.

It may be "muppy" I was recalling...no matter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back