Any ideas on what strain this guppy is?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Snagrio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Upfront, I know these pics aren't the best but all I have is a mediocre phone camera that doesn't track moving objects well before I get any "Post better pictures" comments.

Anyway, this guy ended up in my tank as a stowaway when I bought a couple mystery snails. Yhey were in a tank with tons of guppies, and he got scooped up by accident as a tiny baby. He's since grown up and looks absolutely stunning, and I'm curious if anybody here would have an idea as to his genetics.
IMG_20210408_203041838.jpg
IMG_20210408_203244013.jpg
IMG_20210408_203511547.jpg

It's a bit hard to tell if it ain't clear if there's pattern on his body as well. The pattern on his tail looks like mosaic.
But I do think it's a mix guppy and not a specific strain. But even mix guppies can look great.

It's a bit hard to tell if it ain't clear if there's pattern on his body as well. The pattern on his tail looks like mosaic.
But I do think it's a mix guppy and not a specific strain. But even mix guppies can look great.
There is. It's a bright cream color with black dots scattered throughout and bright red streaks on either side.

Considering it was a random offspring from a store tank though, he's most definitely a mutt. But a gorgeous one all the same.

There is. It's a bright cream color with black dots scattered throughout and bright red streaks on either side.

Considering it was a random offspring from a store tank though, he's most definitely a mutt. But a gorgeous one all the same.
Dot pattern on the body could lean to leopard or snakeskin.

Every mutt guppy is a strain in it's self, if you breed enough of them that look alike.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back